Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] EU Elections. Where is your X ?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
...i believe all future voting is pointless... so ill go and vote in an EU election. Got it.
What sort of Brexit is the Brexit Party advocating?

I said future voting would be pointless if we allowed people like you to succeed against the democratic process. That hasn't happened yet. The Brexit they are advocating is the one that we voted for. The one that the Government leaflet explained to us that we would leave the Single Market and the Customs Union. If you don't know what sort of Brexit they are advocating, then you should do your homework before calling people dim for voting for them. That's a bit......... dim. Anyway, I told myself a while ago to keep out of the political threads on here and you are obviously far too intelligent for me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But would that vote be counted as not an 'x'

Yes provided there are no other marks on the voting paper. All spoiled papers are pooled, and those that are like that, have to be agreed with the other candidates as a valid vote. A tick in one box only would be counted as a valid vote.

I found it fascinating watching a count for the local elections.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I said future voting would be pointless if we allowed people like you to succeed against the democratic process. That hasn't happened yet. The Brexit they are advocating is the one that we voted for. The one that the Government leaflet explained to us that we would leave the Single Market and the Customs Union. If you don't know what sort of Brexit they are advocating, then you should do your homework before calling people dim for voting for them. That's a bit......... dim. Anyway, I told myself a while ago to keep out of the political threads on here and you are obviously far too intelligent for me.

The democratic process as you call it was a legally non-binding advisory vote.
No Its not dim to not read more crap from the same people who have lied, over and over again.
My guess is, you have no idea what brexit they are advocating..

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The democratic process as you call it was a legally non-binding advisory vote.
No Its not dim to not read more crap from the same people who have lied, over and over again.
My guess is, you have no idea what brexit they are advocating..

Oh right. I'll vote Green then. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Brexit Party.

Prepared to completely denigrate our sovereign democracy in order to leave the EU to take back our sovereign democracy.

You couldn't make up the hypocrisy if you tried.

D

Deleted member 2719

There is only one lot to get things done.

Attachments

• Brexit 2.jpg
    Brexit 2.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 160

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Oh right. I'll vote Green then. Thanks.:thumbsup:

vote for who you like mate, none of it affects me anymore. British Passport and EU residency. That doesnt mean I want to see my country become a laughing stock, and paying more for just about everything in the future that affects my family, and offspring.
Ive yet to hear a Brexiteer outline comprehensively how things will be better leaving the EU, when all the evidence points to the opposite

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Revolutionary Communist Party of Great Britain (Brexit Branch).

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Sorry – but you smug remainers are going to get slaughtered!!

This Dictionary says -

smug
/smʌɡ/
adjective
adjective: smug; comparative adjective: smugger; superlative adjective: smuggest
1. having or showing an excessive pride in oneself or one's achievements.
"he was feeling smug after his win"
synonyms: self-satisfied, complacent, self-congratulatory, superior, puffed up, pleased with oneself, self-approving, well pleased, proud of oneself;

Yep! I think it’s a pretty accurate description – except for the winners reference off course - undoubted losers!!

This Dictionary says -

loser
/ˈluːzə/
noun
plural noun: losers
1. a person or thing that loses or has lost something, especially a game or contest.
"he was the loser in last year's race for governor"
synonyms: defeated person, also-ran, the defeated, the vanquished;
runner-up
"candidates compete against each other, so there are winners and losers"
antonyms: winner
o a person who accepts defeat with good or bad grace.
"they should concede that we won and be good losers"
o a person who is disadvantaged by a particular situation or course of action.
"children are the losers when politicians keep fiddling around with education"
o informal
a person who fails frequently or is generally unsuccessful in life.
"a ragtag community of rejects and losers"
synonyms: failure, non-achiever, underachiever, ne'er-do-well, born loser, dead loss, nonentity, nobody; More
write-off, has-been;
informalflop, dud, non-starter, no-hoper, washout, lemon, two-time loser
"he's a complete loser"
antonyms: success

Hey!! This game is fun init?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here