Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU and AstraZeneca

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Fair.

The upset seems mainly at the EU

EMA still fine with AZ, reward exceeds the risk

Individual countries making their own decisions, many though are suspending the younger age group that are unlikely to be called up yet anyway.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Politics For All
@PoliticsForAlI
�� BREAKING: Britain's health regulator is considering a proposal to restrict the use of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine in younger people over concerns about **very rare blood clots**

Maybe the EU had a point?

Maybe we are running out of AZ, and don't have enough to give 2nd AZ doses to some who have already had a 1st AZ injection.

Soften people up for being told they'll get a Novavax 2nd dose and an additional Novavax "booster" later, or a 1-shot JandJ instead of the 2nd AZ jab.

Maybe any delay to the 12 week scheduled gap this causes is behind all the 3rd wave talk now.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Maybe we are running out of AZ, and don't have enough to give 2nd AZ doses to some who have already had a 1st AZ injection.

Soften people up for being told they'll get a Novavax 2nd dose and an additional Novavax "booster" later, or a 1-shot JandJ instead of the 2nd AZ jab.

Maybe any delay to the 12 week scheduled gap this causes is behind all the 3rd wave talk now.

Going off label on PZ interval is one thing, but mixing vaccines, really??

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Maybe Moderna Vaccine being rolled out?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....eaking-moderna-covid-vaccine-set-23859645.amp

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Going off label on PZ interval is one thing, but mixing vaccines, really??
My fear is that this is the cock up heading down the road towards us. Never underestimate this Government's ability to bungle it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My fear is that this is the cock up heading down the road towards us. Never underestimate this Government's ability to bungle it.

No it’s the NHS that’s done a superb job so far nothing to do with the government ... Oh I forget if it’s superb it’s not the Government if it’s not then it is, right o [emoji106]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No it’s the NHS that’s done a superb job so far nothing to do with the government ... Oh I forget if it’s superb it’s not the Government if it’s not then it is, right o [emoji106]
The NHS has indeed done a good job, but if the Government cock up having the supply to give 2nd AZ injections to a number of those who have had 1st AZ doses then there is not much the NHS could do about it really.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Scientists have explained over the weeks since the Indian’s held back 4m doses and Von der Leyen mooted export controls, that UK has sufficient stocks and secure supply chains to meet all OAZ and Pfizer second dose requirements in good time.

Should there be supply issues, first doses of the younger age groups would be scaled back, it looks life this is now the pattern. Making April first dose levels matching those of Jan/Feb, not those of March.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Scientists have explained over the weeks since the Indian’s held back 4m doses and Von der Leyen mooted export controls, that UK has sufficient stocks and secure supply chains to meet all OAZ and Pfizer second dose requirements in good time.

Should there be supply issues, first doses of the younger age groups would be scaled back, it looks life this is now the pattern. Making April first dose levels matching those of Jan/Feb, not those of March.
Great. A weight off my mind as my mother is already 10 weeks into her 12 week wait for her 2nd AZ injection, and so far no sight nor sound of a 2nd dose appointment.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Lessening the speed of the rollout of first jabs seems the sensible way to go, we have done brilliantly to get to here, but still need to take a conservative approach :thumbsup:

I hope these second doses are stockpiled and not still supply chain dependant, because as we have seen lately, supply lines can be interrupted for various reasons and manufacturers can and have over-estimated capacity.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Great. A weight off my mind as my mother is already 10 weeks into her 12 week wait for her 2nd AZ injection, and so far no sight nor sound of a 2nd dose appointment.

My 80+ year old parents are in the same boat, but with Pfizer.

My NHS employee wife about 10 weeks after Pfizer 1.

Assuming your mother’s is in hand, but is it worth a check phone-call with her GP, if you’re getting edgy?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

My mother got her second jab (Pfizer) during her 11th week, so fingers crossed.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

U OK hun? xx

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My 80+ year old parents are in the same boat, but with Pfizer.

My NHS employee wife about 10 weeks after Pfizer 1.

Assuming your mother’s is in hand, but is it worth a check phone-call with her GP, if you’re getting edgy?
We are strictly forbidden from calling the GP about vaccination.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lessening the speed of the rollout of first jabs seems the sensible way to go, we have done brilliantly to get to here, but still need to take a conservative approach :thumbsup:

I hope these second doses are stockpiled and not still supply chain dependant, because as we have seen lately, supply lines can be interrupted for various reasons and manufacturers can over-estimate capapcity.

I don’t know that there are refrigerators with 35m second doses in, but a true expert a couple of weeks back on the radio confidently said that “as the NHS administered the first dose, the system sets aside the second”.

Did he mean literally physically, or into the system?

I check on the Independent, FT and Guardian, who have a small army of investigative journalists, who I’m sure would love the coup of uncovering a collapse of second doses, not a peep. Independent SAGE too.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh. May be a surgery rule. Shelagh Fogarty of LBC chased her 90 year old mum’s surgery with success back in the winter, said they were helpful.
They were a bit behind the curve with 1st doses so probably got fed up with answering the phone.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I had my first OAZ jab two weeks ago and apart form a sore starboard ******* spanner for a couple of days I’m enjoying rude health [emoji636][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here