Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU and AstraZeneca

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Good to see the EU has a leadership group which realises when it's cocked up and is prepared to express regret. I wonder when our Government is going to do it?

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Good to see the EU has a leadership group which realises when it's cocked up and is prepared to express regret. I wonder when our Government is going to do it?

isn't there a European equivalent of Gary Lineker they can blame? Don't they wave an EU flag and tell people they are unpatriotic to the EU if they don't subscribe to their incompetence and mistakes?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1361990549922848769[/TWEET]

Awkwardly many member states are also planning on finishing their vaccination programmes ahead of the UK

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[TWEET]1361990549922848769[/TWEET]

Awkwardly many member states are also planning on finishing their vaccination programmes ahead of the UK

With thousands entering the UK every day untested still we need this...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

wonder if the pharmacy companies know this?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Really - I haven't seen this - which ones?

From the thread it's the policy of Sweden and Denmark (and Norway albeit they're in EEC) to finish in June with more planning on updating their plans along similar lines, compared to the current planned UK end date of September.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
From the thread it's the policy of Sweden and Denmark (and Norway albeit they're in EEC) to finish in June with more planning on updating their plans along similar lines, compared to the current planned UK end date of September.

Ah, OK

Denmark population : circa 6 million
Sweden : population : circa 10 million
Norway : population: circa 5 million

I thought you were comparing apples with apples

When will Germany, France, Italy and Spain finish......?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Ah, OK

Please refrain from asking awkward questions.... the bed wetters are having a little victory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ah, OK

TBC, however the EU has secured an additional 200m doses of vaccine from Pfizer plus the doses still to come from Moderna and elsewhere. Essentially the good news is the AZ vaccine isn't as important to them anymore so well done them.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
TBC, however the EU has secured an additional 200m doses of vaccine from Pfizer plus the doses still to come from Moderna and elsewhere. Essentially the good news is the AZ vaccine isn't as important to them anymore so well done them.

Great news, no one is safe until we are all safe..we can agree on that surely?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Can see most of Europe should be vaccinated by the end of the summer. Good news for all hopefully

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Even darling of Europhiles and star guest at Lib Dem conferences doesn't believe you spin ...

Former Belgian prime minister Guy Verhofstadt has branded the EU's vaccination efforts a 'fiasco'.

Verhofstadt called on Brussels to renegotiate its 'ill-conceived' contracts with manufacturers in a video titled 'the inconvenient truth behind the vaccination fiasco of the EU'.

In the nine-minute clip, the MEP blamed the European Commission for the shortages and slow rollout and slammed the 'diplomatic disaster' brought about by triggering Article 16 of the Northern Ireland Protocol.

'If you believe in Europe, if you love Europe, it's your duty to be the most vocal critic, especially when Europe falls short of its potential and our expectations.

'That's exactly what's happening now with the vaccinations. It's a fiasco,' Verhofstadt said.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...ays-former-belgian-pm-verhofstadt/ar-BB1dHXHO

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

thing is EU has agreements to deliver ~500m dose in 2021. the total deliveries go out to 2022 and beyond. 500m doses of two dose vaccine is enough to cover 250m... so they cant all be planning to fully vaccinate by end of year. unless a lot of lifting from J&J single dose, delivery expected to start in April.

the AZ should be important to every country as it doesnt have the cold chain requirement, making deployment far easier.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can see most of Europe should be vaccinated by the end of the summer. Good news for all hopefully

Indeed, it would be incredibly churlish to claim otherwise, no matter what someone's opinion of the EU. Especially given that without Europe vaccinated we're still at enormous risk.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Indeed, it would be incredibly churlish to claim otherwise, no matter what someone's opinion of the EU. Especially given that without Europe vaccinated we're still at enormous risk.

Agree.

I wonder what Macron (and the German Govt. for that matter) have now got to say about the AZ vaccine?

Just in case you missed the news it's been confirmed that the AZ vaccine is MORE effective than Pfizer amongst the over 80s.

After what Macron in particular said with regards to the AZ vaccine I hope he apologises to AZ. They really were shameful comments, bordering on disgraceful considering his influence when he speaks.

As I've said earlier on this thread I'd rather be in the EU, but the whole vaccine roll out in Europe is a complete shambles. (Southern Italy not yet vaccinated all their over 90s!!)

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Agree.

I wonder what Macron (and the German Govt. for that matter) have now got to say about the AZ vaccine?

Just in case you missed the news it's been confirmed that the AZ vaccine is MORE effective than Pfizer amongst the over 80s.

After what Macron in particular said with regards to the AZ vaccine I hope he apologises to AZ. They really were shameful comments, bordering on disgraceful considering his influence when he speaks.

As I've said earlier on this thread I'd rather be in the EU, but the whole vaccine roll out in Europe is a complete shambles. (Southern Italy not yet vaccinated all their over 90s!!)

as disgraceful as the health secretary breaking the law, stealing taxpayers money to give to companies owned by his friends so they can profit from a pandemic?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Agree.

Oh I fully agree it has been, and I suspect much of that has been having to unnecessarily negotiate an agreement with an ex-member in the last 12 months which could easily have been kicked down the road a bit to let everyone deal with the pandemic. In such scenarios large multi-polar organisations such as the EU will struggle as by definition they aren't as agile, however they now appear to have got their collective arse in gear which is great news.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here