Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ethnic Cleansing

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Why 3 teams in the best league on earth would bother to even comment on a football league post about plucky little Brighton is beyond me.

It never ceases to amaze me. I've personally never felt the need to go on any other clubs board, ever. And most likely never will. Saddest was a Boro fan posting on here minutes after our game up there finished. Christs sake, you've just won promotion to the Premier League and one of the first things you do is go on a rivals message board? Sad as ****.

RenegadePriest

May 13, 2016
I think some of the commentators on this thread really need to look closer to home. The amount of vitriol on this site - even toward Boro fans who came here to be friendly and wish you well in the playoffs - was out of line. Many, many Boro fans developed a bit of camaraderie with Brighton fans in the closing weeks of the season but that has mostly dissipated because of the overreaction of some of your fans. For every town full of rent boys there is a northern s**thole full of unemployed scruffs.

I don't expect this post to slip by your moderators but I live in hope.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think some of the commentators on this thread really need to look closer to home. The amount of vitriol on this site - even toward Boro fans who came here to be friendly and wish you well in the playoffs - was out of line. Many, many Boro fans developed a bit of camaraderie with Brighton fans in the closing weeks of the season but that has mostly dissipated because of the overreaction of some of your fans. For every town full of rent boys there is a northern s**thole full of unemployed scruffs.

Your fans need to realise our complaints with Stephens was not that it cost us against you but it cost us for the play-off games, incredible how that still hasn't sunk in. We don't have a problem with Middlesbrough and yet you lot are obsessed with us and hating on us. It's mental, you've won promotion, why go looking for disappointed fans grumbles and then get outraged that we don't have a forum dedicated to praising how amazing Boro are. It's a Brighton forum full of disappointed Brighton fans ffs.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Looking forward to Boro choking and coming straight back down next year and keep on going due to how much money they spent buying their way to the Premier League!

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Ofocurse he did, and no doubt he was impressed but hardly going to admit it is he

Caught twenty minutes of the second half, probably around the 60th minute. Not to impressed, but then again I never caught any of the first half.

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
I'll bite.

The choking thing has done my nut in. We absolutely did not choke. Against Palace we did, but that was when this territory was still very new to us. The season against Derby we just weren't good enough and got deservedly battered. And this year we ended with a bout of terrible luck and the best attacking half of football I can remember. The general trolling from Boro, Burnley, Wednesday and Palace has really surprised me.

Why 3 teams in the best league on earth would bother to even comment on a football league post about plucky little Brighton is beyond me.

I'm not sure there has been too much trolling from Palace fans - Boro and Burnley yes.

I too watched the second half and thought Wednesday were steady until Dunk went up front. Of course it sounds like you should have been out of sight by half time.

Paulie.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We've made a few changes to what happens when new people join NSC that dramatically reduces the amount of trolling everyone will see from them. A fair few have tried. They've all failed.

Good, keep the fvckwits off of our board.

We wouldn't tolerate them in our end at games so why should we suffer them here. Fans from other clubs that are reasonable and respectful are fine, just the same as fans in the wrong end at games that have the decency and common sense to sit on their hands.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Caught twenty minutes of the second half, probably around the 60th minute. Not to impressed, but then again I never caught any of the first half.

Just stick to your kodi posts - has anyone managed to get it to work yet?
You know feck all about football - I await your abuse you sad troll:)

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Del, as one of the more sensible Palace who come on here,

I rather doubt it, but appreciate the sentiment.

if you hadn't got to the Cup Final, how would your season be viewed by the great unwashed, and would Pardew be on the scrap heap now?

If we hadn't got to the Cup Final there would be a minority anti-Pardew lobby being noisy.

There is however enormous goodwill for someone who is part of the DNA and folklore of the club, and there is awareness that if he got the boot then a new manager would find it hard to be accepted.

I think that if we hadn't got to the final then we would have been 2 to 4 points better off anyway, and further up the table.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Yup. Reasonable posts will be allowed. Trolling and abuse will not.

I made the changes after the Middlesbrough game. In all the years I've been looking after NSC, I've never experienced a group of supporters who have attempted to be so abusive, vile and homophobic as Boro fans, and I include that lot in Croydon in that. Absolutely remarkable, in the worst way.

Can homophobic posts not be reported to the authorities?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

1. I didn't read any vitriol from Brighton fans, although can you be surprised when posters react with a simple ****** off?
2. Do you really not know the difference between calling a northern town a slum with lots of unemployement, and homophobia? One is tasteless mickey taking and the other is against the law.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Just stick to your kodi posts - has anyone managed to get it to work yet?
You know feck all about football - I await your abuse you sad troll:)

You await MY abuse :laugh:

Have a few more beers, before you pish yourself and fall asleep arguing with yourself :drink::drink::drink::drink:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
You await MY abuse :laugh:

Have a few more beers, before you pish yourself and fall asleep arguing with yourself :drink::drink::drink::drink:

I knew you were lurking waiting to have a go.
Somehow Bozza and the Mods have let you get away with trolling for months.
Enjoy your seconds of self glory:drink:

footballisareligion

May 8, 2016
It wasn't one bad egg in Boro, it was a fair few. But, as I've said before, I would guess that most of those we encountered on our way back from the Riverside to our car in the car park behind the Holiday Inn Express had been in the pubs and not at the game itself. Others I know who walked back to town had similar experiences.

There was also a coach load of Albion fans who had stayed at the Holiday Inn overnight and had to return to their coach there after the game. Boro fans didn't cover themselves with glory there either. I've been told both by fans on that coach and the coach operator that it all got very unpleasant with bottles thrown at the Albion fans. Decent, ordinary fans who just wanted to get on their coach, start their long journey home and leave the town of Middlesbrough to enjoy its achievement.

From there, NSC became flooded with abuse. With most of our moderators either in Middlesbrough or travelling home, it was difficult to manage. A lot was unpleasant. The way we are now moderating new users means abusive posts are hard deleted - they never appear - no one beyond the moderator involved sees them.

It wasn't just on NSC though. Twitter and Facebook have been used extensively as well. It probably reached a new low at the end of last week when the NSC page shared a poem written by [MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION]. As we headed to Hillsborough and the Leppings Lane End, the poem was about how all of us are lucky because we go to football and we get to come home again, unlike the poor 96. It was putting it all into perspective. Boro fans even used this as a vehicle to be abusive and homophobic, such as this:

View attachment 74820

I would guess I've had to ban in excess of 100 Boro fans from the NSC Facebook page.

As I say, it has been quite extraordinary from my extensive experience.

I'm sure Boro has many thousands of thoroughly decent fans - we've had a couple on here. You do seem blessed with more than your fair share of the opposite unfortunately.

I won't talk for the facebook page because Middlesbrough's FB is mental, we usually mock the FB posts ourselves to be honest, so sorry that you're getting abuse from them there.

And as for at the game, again...Sorry. You're right in saying that most of the trouble you'll have encountered will probably have been with people in pubs and not at the game, please don't let some juvenile idiots tar the entire fan base.

If it was chanting actually in the game though...well, that you just sort of have to let go I think. We had QPR fans sing "Adam Johnson, he's one of your own" and "Town full of Pedo's" at us when we went down there a few weeks ago. That's football mate, unfortunately, no use tarring an entire fanbase because of the odd chant.

As for on here...I've lurked here, honestly, for most of the season. After the Middlesbrough game this place went into meltdown & there was some horrible stuff said about Middlesbrough as a place, about our fans & to any Middlesbrough fan that tried to come and offer their support etc. I know maybe it was just raw and maybe to soon but it really did seem like a huge over reaction to 99% of posts that were polite and nice.

Some of the stuff that you guys came up with about Gaston & our club after the game was a disgrace, to be honest.

Like I said, I'm really sorry that we have a fair share of twats, we do - I won't deny that. But you guys aren't completely clean either. I love this forum (usually) there are tons and tons of quality posts & awesome level headed members, but after the Boro game I was really disappointed.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I can't say that the homophobia really bothers me - and to be utterly fair we have dished some pretty mean spirited stuff out about the Northern Slums, the doley scum etc...

For everyone saying "Oh my god, a homophobic comment - lets go to the police" I would say, take a breath and let it go - the literal screaming for a policeman crap gives us all a bad name.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I knew you were lurking waiting to have a go.
Somehow Bozza and the Mods have let you get away with trolling for months.

That is something I don't understand either. Swillis has been a Palace troll since day 1.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not really much we can say to be honest. If we did take the pish some of you would take it as banter, the other half would run crying to the mods. All in all you have had a good season, you have surpassed expectations. If you keep that squad together then I would not bet against you going up next year :sick:

But in the spirit of good natured rivalry, I will leave you with this

View attachment 74819

To be fair, that isnt very good

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here