Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Estate Agent bullshit description

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
"Nestled beneath the magnificent South Downs and close to meadows and woodlands, Burgess Hill provides a wonderful setting for ...."

Burgess Hill is not "nestled" beneath the South Downs!! It is four miles from the Downs. Poynings and Fulking are nestled beneath the Downs.

And the South Downs are very lovely, but magnificent???

I think Estate Agents live in a different world to normal people.

The South Downs are magnificent, I have a lovely view of them from my house in Newhaven :whistle:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Estate agents are the new double glazing, cavity wall salesmen or traffic wardens only beaten only by politicians

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
2 questions:

1. Do you think that asking for 1-2 % of a £300000+ transaction is reasonable for taking some photos, writing a one page description, (sometimes) drawing up a floor plan and making a few phone calls ?

2. With the increase in fixed fee online agents such as Purple Bricks and Tupilo, are your days numbered ?

Good question. The decent agents will have an extensive database of applicants currently looking to buy and their position. We have over 3000. Most of the sales are achieved by calling these apps, getting them into view. If you are relying on right move enquirers you wouldn't sell very much at all.

Quite a few of our apps are selling or in chains, how you pro actively manage these by often daily communication with solicitors, mort brokers other agents in the chain etc separates the good agents from the rest. online agents from my experience have no database of applicants, they just hope someone will respond to right move. They generally have little chain chasing experience either, so sales often will fall through as a result of no experience in this impoverished area.

Collingburnian

May 13, 2016
Shoreham by Sea
Sold a Victorian terraced house in Brighton, set into the side of a hill. It had a tiny backyard with 13 steps leading up to the garden Estate agent described this yard as "lower patio"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here