Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eric Steele Released

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
New managers very rarely retain the previous man's backroom team and Moyes probably feels he needs to surround himself with his own men that he is used to working with in order to hit the ground running there.

Presumably Mike Phelan is now 8th favourite with the bookies for the Brighton manager's job?

I remember the days when an incoming Brighton manager couldn't bring in their own team but had to get along with Booker and White.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Does anyone remember Eric Steele blowing a pretend trumpet fanfare to the fans behind the goal with his hands every time he approached the goal at the start of the game or when the sides came out from the half time interval

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Does anyone remember Eric Steele blowing a pretend trumpet fanfare to the fans behind the goal with his hands every time he approached the goal at the start of the game or when the sides came out from the half time interval

No, but I remember him doing his Groucho impersonation.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I remember Eric Steele coming to Manor hall middle school in Southwick as a guest bingo caller on a few occasions, bingo was held once a month on a Friday night in the school (this was about 1979) the bloke was absolutely hilarious
Imagine a pro footballer now turning up on a Friday night calling out 5 & 9 the Brighton line and 2 little ducks quack quack
My how times have changed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here