Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Equal Marriage

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Oh right zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So now this Government can get on with something important from their Manifesto, rather than try to act all PC.

What ever next?

Good job the government didn't say that when our move to Falmer was in the balance. 'Oh, we've got more important things to review...'

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Today the Queen has granted Royal Assent and signed the Equal Marriage Bill into law, so now homosexual couples can legally have weddings rather than civil partnerships, with all the legal rights thereof.

Of course no institution will be forced to perform homosexual weddings, and quite rightly so, but they will now be fully and legally available for those groups and individuals who do wish to have them.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'd like to dedicate the next natural disaster to this decision, in advance of a member of the clergy telling us that it is the wrath of the heavens...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There are far more important issues to be addressed, by Government, than this.

true. but if various narrow minded groups hadn't made such a fuss over it, this change could have spent 5 minutes being waved through. i've found it most odd that anyone should be so bothered, and bemused that arguments against are so illogical.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not making a joke here, I could, but I'm not. How is it finalised. I now pronounce you man and man or what?

The 'I now pronounce you man and wife' was outdated and being changed by couples anyway, because it was person and role not person and person.

"I now pronounce you married" it is just words, it's not as important as the documents being signed.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The 'I now pronounce you man and wife' was outdated and being changed by couples anyway, because it was person and role not person and person.

"I now pronounce you married" it is just words, it's not as important as the documents being signed.

Really, every wedding i have been to its still man and wife or husband and wife

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

Is the whole bill about the wording? ???

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Really, every wedding i have been to its still man and wife or husband and wife

Yes. I didn't mean every wedding changed it. 'Man and wife' defines the man as a person and the woman as a role in relation to him, so some considered it sexist and outdated so changed it to 'husband and wife' to define both by their roles in relation to each other. Some are not bothered by the wording and stick with tradition of 'man and wife', but it has been changed to husband and wife.

If they can make that change, they can, if the couple wish, simply pronounce them 'married' or if they want 'husband and husband', he'll, I imagine if the couple want, they can still do 'husband and wife' and follow it with a comment about picking the roles hemselves, or acknowledging they all know who is the wife, etc. There is flexibility in vows and the words used these days.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Good job the government didn't say that when our move to Falmer was in the balance. 'Oh, we've got more important things to review...'

Ha, you are here are you? When are you marying your boyfriend? I bet you will look sweet in a white dress! :sick:

The difference is, that Falmer was not discussed for weeks in the Chamber. Hopefully, they will now get on with overturning the stupid ban on hunting.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Ha, you are here are you? When are you marying your boyfriend? I bet you will look sweet in a white dress! :sick:

The difference is, that Falmer was not discussed for weeks in the Chamber. Hopefully, they will now get on with overturning the stupid ban on hunting.

No, we would both wear trousers, as most men do.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You are trying to talk about things way, way, way beyond your understanding.

Why do you need to show yourself up so often, especially as this has nothing to do with you?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

you try too hard.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I think the government need to spend more money on education, particularly in Pork Pie's local area - maybe spend more money on care in the community too, that would support things in Palaceland too !!

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
What will you be wearing to the World Cup when it is Qatar? Chains?

No like the good little poof I am, I will obey your stereo-type and stay at home making quiche and ordering pink curtains.

I am deeply sorry for appearing on a football forum too. Doubtless that will confuse you as I am not supposed to like sport. I can assure you that I am here because I love the game, and not to solicit young men.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here