Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Entitlement, Scapegoats and Blame Culture........

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not entitled, I knew Dybala and Lukuku would own Dunk & Co and put £100 on it. Similarly I was certain Fulham would beat us yet again.

My layman’s view of football is that any successful team has a great DM and plugs gaps down the wings. When the club failed to plan for that last summer, it was obvious to me this would be a less effective PL season. I predicted 10th and hoped for knock out stages of EL.

The folk who booked for Dublin and are now p@ssed with Steele/RDZ/Bloom were unrealistic, their party balloon popped.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
'Entitlement' is the latest buzz phrase to shut down anyone being disappointed, and it's ill used.

Entitlement is believing you are owed the points. That opponents should lay down and give them to you just because of who you are, or what you acheived in the past.

Entitlement is not thinking 'if you have hopes to finish top/top 4/top 7/top10 there are games you look at and think you need to win (while acknowledging might not win them, and might win some of the games you're not expecting to win).

Entitlement is not watching team play badly, much worse than they usually play, much worse than they've played at their best and being disappointed with it, and critical of the performance.

Entitlement is now watching your team play really well for 95% of the game but get caught with a sucker punch/silly defensive error and thinking the loss is not deserved.

I don't know any Brighton fan who thinks we are owed wins just for who we are or what we've done in the past. There probably are some oddballs out there like that, but they're not nearly as common as you would believe listening to the insecure fan boys who try to shut down criticism or disappoint with cries of entitlement.
Exactly.

Being disappointed that the side you've supported for decades were comprehensively outplayed on a big stage isn't entitlement.

It doesn't mean that we've forgotten the journey we've been on to get to be the team we are.

Remembering the past doesn't mean we should perpetually live in it.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
I would suggest that, instead of slagging off players - often without justification - and acting like we've got a divine right to win every game - we accept that we got beaten by a stronger, more experienced and more organised team.

It's not rocket science.
You sound like Potter. We are little old Brighton and should know our place eh

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
When folk reflect on where Albion were, what they have achieved and how well they have done to sustain the level they have, I hope they feel a little bit silly at their raging.

If not, they could always go and support Manchester City or Chelsea. Okay, maybe Chelsea isn't a good idea.

One thing I've never felt is a sense of entitlement. That's why I have managed to shrug my shoulders and say 'never mind' tonight.

Entitlement is about ego and not rational reflection. Once you get rid of such feelings you don't feel angry, upset or frustrated at things that don't matter. And tonight's defeat doesn't matter. Albion is more than results on the pitch. We still had as much joy winning the fourth division, and we still had as much camaraderie when we were stuck in the middle of the third.

If it's all about winning for the ego, try and take up an individual sport rather than supporting a team in another. Don't place your joy in someone else's hands.
I have to place my joy in someone’s hands, my golf is shithouse

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
As I sit in a bus outside the ground entitlement has nothing to do with anything. Defend like sh@t, miss big chances, and get battered again with a decent squad and against a team feyenoord drew against and you have legitimate reason to ask serious questions about what the hell is going on in training!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I would suggest that, instead of slagging off players - often without justification - and acting like we've got a divine right to win every game - we accept that we got beaten by a stronger, more experienced and more organised team.

It's not rocket science.
When our goal keeper drops a routine cross and dumps us out of the Cup that’s justified.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
we accept that we got beaten by a stronger, more experienced and more organised tea
We have been less organised than Luton, Fulham, and Roma. We certainly have a better team than the first two. It’s ok to question responsibility!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
When our goal keeper drops a routine cross and dumps us out of the Cup that’s justified.
Did you miss the word 'often'? :dunce:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
De Zerbi, Barber and Bloom need to have a chat.

If they don't all agree on the same target, next season will be a car crash.

A brutal view. RDZ’s football requires circa 16 high quality players, with nous, pace and power aplenty in the overall defensive system. I can’t see Bloom delivering that in one transfer window. On that basis, I think it’ll be better for all parties for RDZ to move on.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A brutal view. RDZ’s football requires circa 16 high quality players, with nous, pace and power aplenty in the overall defensive system. I can’t see Bloom delivering that in one transfer window. On that basis, I think it’ll be better for all parties for RDZ to move on.
Yeah

shame he's f***ed up any chance of decent clubs paying his release clause.

well helllo Todd Boehly......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here