Enough Poyet and Barber bashing, let's have a nice gentle thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The murder of Steven Lawrence was a awful tragedy and the way it was handled showed the Met had serious problems of institutional racism but I’ve heard first hand that Stephen Lawrence was an extremely unsavoury person. There is an awful lot of bad feeling in the area from admittedly white people that feel he was made out to be a victim when the truth was he’d upset a large number of people from run of the mill thugs to fairly serious criminals. The media have suggested there was and is racial tension in the area, most recently when abuse was shouted from several passing cars when a BBC reporter was doing a report from his memorial. The truth is to this day a lot of people feel very bitter about Stephen Lawrence being made into a martyr.

The two people who murdered Stephen eventually got what they deserved and it’s a travesty that the others that were almost certainly involved that day were not brought to justice but sometimes there’s cases where in the face of death people are reluctant to see the bad in people.

What on earth are you going on about!?

Are you somehow suggesting he was 'asking for it'??

The only people that made him a martyr are the police for not investigating the case properly because of his race. Stephen Lawrence wasn't a martyr, he was a kid, who whether he was liked or not was murdered running away from a bunch of racists.

Why is it important to you to know what SL was like as a person!? I really don't get your point at all...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I totally do, but my question was what would e the only outcome the Lawrence family and the community accept?

I don't know - I suppose for the officers involved to be named and shamed and, if they are still in the force, sacked. If there were instructions from Scotland Yard to do this someone fairly high in the Met's hierarchy must have been behind it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't know - I suppose for the officers involved to be named and shamed and, if they are still in the force, sacked. If there were instructions from Scotland Yard to do this someone fairly high in the Met's hierarchy must have been behind it.

That was my point. I thought that had already happened, enquiries happened and with officers being sacked and the chiefs retired off etc.

Just seems like this is another one of those stories that has no end!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
What on earth are you going on about!?

Are you somehow suggesting he was 'asking for it'??

The only people that made him a martyr are the police for not investigating the case properly because of his race. Stephen Lawrence wasn't a martyr, he was a kid, who whether he was liked or not was murdered running away from a bunch of racists.

Why is it important to you to know what SL was like as a person!? I really don't get your point at all...

I was just responding to the claims the Police were looking for ‘dirt’ on SL and of courseI’m not suggesting that he was ‘asking for it’. Regardless of the way you choose to live your life no one deserves to be killed in the way he was but a running dispute is very different to an unproved racial attack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports