Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Enock Mwepu (Retired 10/10/2022)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Shame.

Hoping against hope that's not the last we've seen of that fantastic midfield trio - Biss, Mwepu, Caicedo.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sad to see that, but finally this start-stop season ends for him and that could perhaps be a good thing - bit of rest, bit of rehab, bit of pre-season and then hopefully avoiding this number of injuries next season.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
We are safe and I really really want to have Mwepu with us next season.
So I'm not too upset to have him out of the limelight just ahead of the transfer window opening.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Shame.

Hoping against hope that's not the last we've seen of that fantastic midfield trio - Biss, Mwepu, Caicedo.
If it isn't suspensions (ie. Biss) then it's little injuries like this keeping us from putting that trio out every week, frustrating! It's amazing we've done as well as we have this season when you consider how many different variations of our central defence and central midfield we've been forced to put out - never really having a settled spine beyond a handful of matches. There was a long time under Hughton where you knew it was Dunk & Duffy lining up behind Propper & Stephens and anything else would've been odd.

Side note, does anyone recall Mwepu arriving with any sort of history of injury problems at Salzburg? Had it in my head he was of the more robust type.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Has he been labelled a sick note yet ? Missed more games than our ‘so called’ sick notes hasn’t he?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Sad to see that, but finally this start-stop season ends for him and that could perhaps be a good thing - bit of rest, bit of rehab, bit of pre-season and then hopefully avoiding this number of injuries next season.

Let us hope the same applies to Webbo, who, before his series of injuries was having a very good season.
He’s been another one with a stop start season.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Good news...

Mwepu, Zambia's captain, scored the equalizer today in the AFCON qualifier against Comoros.

Zambia edged it 2-1 with the winner coming in the 88th minute.

Random fact - Zambia are in a group of 4 teams including the Ivory Coast who'll host the event in 2023.

This means that only 1 team from Zambia, Comoros and Lesotho will qualify from the group as Ivory Coast will qualify regardless.

Enock's goal is at 4:52.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYQFNOs_ffM

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Yes must be up there as our most likeable player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here