Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*English Rugby Union Season-Official Thread*

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Sharks supporter -both varieties although Natal are a lot more successful than Sale.

I'm living in Pretoria till the start of e year so we are hoping to catch three Sharks currie cup matches at Durbs, Loftus and Joburg.

Not the same as watching the Albion though

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Ospreys for me

I have soft spot for Bath and Northampton in the Premiership

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Alternatively I'm sure there are many other forums designed especially for our egg chasing friends.
Yaawwwwn..... try to broaden your horizons mate, you don't know what you are missing.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Quins for me, though I've never liked the large number of smarmy city types who follow the club as it is part of their social scene and a way to try and get into Twickers and who are far more interested in chinking champagne glasses than watching play ...that used to kill the atmosphere and for me it is great that at long last (well for the 25 years I've followed them), they have shed the 'soft' image, toughened up a bit and now attract a lot more fans who actually enjoy the game! My wild card for the year is Northampton, they've strengthened well in North and Corbs!

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
The blue, black and white of Bath for me. Was a season ticket holder for ten years up to a couple of years ago.

I fear another year of rebuilding though, top 6 max.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The blue, black and white of Bath for me. Was a season ticket holder for ten years up to a couple of years ago.

I fear another year of rebuilding though, top 6 max.

As I posted earlier in the thread, I'm predicting a good season for your boys.

As a Tigers fan, make sure you look after George Ford - he's a goodun.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
As I posted earlier in the thread, I'm predicting a good season for your boys.

As a Tigers fan, make sure you look after George Ford - he's a goodun.

His dad's the manager of Bath isn't he so he should be looked after

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
His dad's the manager of Bath isn't he so he should be looked after

Won't guarantee George a starting berth every week, though. Bath have a selection committee of four people, one of whom is Mike Ford - could easily be outvoted. Bath's other fly-half, Heathcote, is a decent player, too.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would agree that Bath look decent in the fly-half position. I was worried when Olly Barkley left last season, but Heathcote has developed well, and Ford looks like a good prospect.

Also, it is good news that Peter Stringer has agreed to stay for the season - he adds a certain something to the team and I think the young fly-halves will benefit from playing next to a scrum half with experience at the highest level. I used to hate him before he signed for Bath, as I only knew him as the vicious little Irishman that we saw in the 6 nations.

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
It's all about WORTHING RFC this season, shall get to as many games as I possibly can, been going for the last 4/5 years and this year they step into the unknown perils of the 3rd tier, we'll get into the 2nd tier one day though sadly that is probably our limit.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I'm a Waterloo follower,ever since Abba won the eurovision

remember the scores being read out on a World of Sport,loads of them

it's up Liverpool way isn't it?

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Do Sky still have coverage of Heineken Cup/Challenge Cup/Internationals/Championship or has it all gone to BT Sport with the Premiership?

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Do Sky still have coverage of Heineken Cup/Challenge Cup/Internationals/Championship or has it all gone to BT Sport with the Premiership?

Sky Sports have all of that for this year, a long with all the Southern Hemisphere Internationals and Tournaments.

The Pro12 (Irish, Welsh, Scot and Italian) league is on BBC2 Wales, S4C and a few other 'local' satellite channels. This year (due to no-one knowing what's happening with European tournaments next year) it should be a lot better than recent years as everyone will have to take it seriously

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Oh and ITV (ITV4)still have the weekly highlights show, although the regular presenters have buggered off to BT and we're left with the abomination that is Mark Durden-Smith

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Another Glaws fan here...... You don't get places like Kingsholm anymore!! The noise is sensational!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I should really be supporting London Welsh (or a local team), but London Scottish have trapped my affections. I shall be wandering up to Richmond to watch them this season.

£10 to drink £2.80 beer on the terrace? Yes, please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here