Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England's WC so far. Brilliant!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I find it a little odd that some of the crowd chose not to celebrate the goal, but thought it more appropriate to film others celebrating. Maybe it’s a generational thing ( I’m 66 ) , but my first reaction to a goal for England ( or the Albion ), is to go mental, not think “ I must get my phone out and film the crowd”

I'm younger, but still terrify the family and pets, with my impulsive roar when we score. Plus some choice words for scum like the Colombian cheats. My son's 15 now, so I don't feel too guilty about letting the swearing out. Imperfect parent.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm younger, but still terrify the family and pets, with my impulsive roar when we score. Plus some choice words for scum like the Colombian cheats. My son's 15 now, so I don't feel too guilty about letting the swearing out. Imperfect parent.
Wouldn't worry about the swearing mate. Have always sworn, and explained what the words mean, why they're offensive, when and how they should and shouldn't be used and that kids swearing is not on.

Was a study recently where they said that kids of parents who don't talk and explain to them about swearing swear more.

It works. My son is 11 and doesn't swear unless when joking with me, and only in the right context. They're just words, it's how you use them that is or isn't offensive.

Unless you're some non swearing ****. [emoji23]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wouldn't worry about the swearing mate. Have always sworn, and explained what the words mean, why they're offensive, when and how they should and shouldn't be used and that kids swearing is not on.

Was a study recently where they said that kids of parents who don't talk and explain to them about swearing swear more.

It works. My son is 11 and doesn't swear unless when joking with me, and only in the right context. They're just words, it's how you use them that is or isn't offensive.

Unless you're some non swearing ****. [emoji23]

Coming from a family of 6, I was the only one that ended up a swearer!

Perhaps learnt at the Goldstone Ground?

I'm fine that it's part of my nature. Helps vent steam. I love it when 5,000 at the Amex shout :wanker::wanker: at an away player when deserves it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here