Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England's Number 1

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Away to Germany on 26th March will be a proper match, even though it's a friendly.

Whoever is in goal will be tested.

I guess, although it's arguable that there isn't a player out there that will want to run the risk of injury so it probably won't be a proper match. Certainly, we could beat Germany and yet, come the finals, that would have no impact on their performance if they were to face us there.

I also think there's a good argument around the idea of building understanding amongst the group of players that Hodgson intends to start come the finals. If he's going for Hart at the Euros, he'll probably want to give him as much playing time with the CBs and full backs that'll ideally be in front of him when the event happens.

Maybe you're right though, maybe he'll think it's worth seeing what Forster is worth in a friendly. I'd be surprised though.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I guess, although it's arguable that there isn't a player out there that will want to run the risk of injury so it probably won't be a proper match. Certainly, we could beat Germany and yet, come the finals, that would have no impact on their performance if they were to face us there.

I also think there's a good argument around the idea of building understanding amongst the group of players that Hodgson intends to start come the finals. If he's going for Hart at the Euros, he'll probably want to give him as much playing time with the CBs and full backs that'll ideally be in front of him when the event happens.

Maybe you're right though, maybe he'll think it's worth seeing what Forster is worth in a friendly. I'd be surprised though.

You may well be correct, either way we have a great collection of keepers.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
It's rather brilliant that we finally have some competition isn't it? I would give Butland a go as he has played behind a worse defence than the others and made far more saves.

But I would. Be happy with Forster as well as he is brilliant at times and been great since his come back from injury

Like Robert Green before the 2010 World Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here