Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England's Centre Back Pairing

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Well seen as Ferdinand is captain can't see this happening.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Obviously Ferdinand will be starting seeing as he is captain, but he wouldnt be my preferred choice :)

OK i thought it was a, who is going to start question. Well i think that Woodgate will probably come on after 60mins to give him a run out. But providing we can get Terry and Ferdinand playing well together as a partnership is what Fabio will be looking for before the competitive games.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Why the HELL would ANYONE pick King over Ferdinand?

He's not even properly fit!
Goal.com - England - King Will Be Back To His Best - Woodgate

"King is currently having to pick and choose the game she plays in so as not to suffer a recurrence of the problems that have blighted his season already."

He's only played 10 games this season!

United have conceded 15 goals over the whole season, Ferdinand has been an absolute ROCK at the back alongside Vidic. He's got PACE, something Terry certainly hasn't got. And he reduced the prolific Torres to nothing on Sunday afternoon.

In The Rough

Mar 20, 2007
Between The Sticks
King? Who said anything about king ???

Vidic is the real rock at the back for united. Woodgate is quicker and younger! And the way he handled Torres was by kicking him or bundling him any time he came near. Has to be the most over rated defender in the country. :angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
King? Who said anything about king ???

Vidic is the real rock at the back for united. Woodgate is quicker and younger! And the way he handled Torres was by kicking him or bundling him any time he came near. Has to be the most over rated defender in the country. :angry:

Nice edit.

:glare:

Why is he overrated?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Terry and Ferdinand

:bowdown:

In The Rough

Mar 20, 2007
Between The Sticks
Everyone goes on about him as if he is one of the greatest defenders ever when really he is a forgetful, drink driving prick who is an average defender. Would rather have Wes Brown over him.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Everyone goes on about him as if he is one of the greatest defenders ever when really he is a forgetful, drink driving prick who is an average defender. Would rather have Wes Brown over him.

Now you're just trying to be controversial.
:yawn:

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
I was there too. If you are the person in question then maybe you could watch the game as it is, rather than turning everything against Martot. He played alright yesterday but any time he got on the ball you were having a go at him.

In The Rough

Mar 20, 2007
Between The Sticks
Well said. What good can it do picking out and constantly knocking down one player. Martot has had done a solid job in general and deserves the backing of the crowd. Until you can get out there and do better, shut up and support!

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Well said. What good can it do picking out and constantly knocking down one player. Martot has had done a solid job in general and deserves the backing of the crowd. Until you can get out there and do better, shut up and support!

Exactly my thoughts too.

It wasn't like he was having a shocker, he actually played ok. The abuse was totally uncalled for when you consider this.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It wasn't like he was having a shocker, he actually played ok. The abuse was totally uncalled for when you consider this.

He was 'ok' if 'ok' means 'did nothing'.

Don't think there was much abuse from me, i've certainly heard a lot worse!

But he's blatantly NOT a winger

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Ferdinand and Terry. Second choices would be Woodgate and King, then Taylor and Lescott and then Wheater and Davies.

Richards would be my first choice RB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here