Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England women v Norway women

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Good goals from England, especially the screamer from Bronze to put us into the lead. Maybe the poor first half was to conserve energy for when the Norwegians tired... ;)

Roll on Canada in the Quarterfinals! Not looking forward to the 12.30am kickoff though...

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Next match against the hosts will surely be the biggest crowd an England ladies team has played in front of in the modern era...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No it won't. The capacity of the stadium in Vancouver is 54,320. More people saw them play Germany at Wembley.

It will, however, probably be the biggest crowd to watch ANY Canadian national team in ANY sport. If it can trump the 53,885 who turned up to watch them beat Switzerland.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Good goals from England, especially the screamer from Bronze to put us into the lead. Maybe the poor first half was to conserve energy for when the Norwegians tired... ;)

Roll on Canada in the Quarterfinals! Not looking forward to the 12.30am kickoff though...

Screamer? Keeper should have stopped it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Screamer? Keeper should have stopped it.

Very harsh, on the keeper, that.

It was very well hit, and she wouldn't have seen it until it came round the other England player and her marker. Would have needed to be a decent save.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe, I just think she got a decent hand on it...

Ha. Such is the CURSED life of a goalkeeper.

If she'd dived just for the cameras and got nowhere near it, it would have simply gone down as unsaveable / a great strike.
Because she was good enough to get fingers to it, she 'should have saved it'!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
good game, best so far, our girls have some backbone and can play a bit
Lucy Bronze best player tonight and a great goal to boot

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Ha. Such is the CURSED life of a goalkeeper.

If she'd dived just for the cameras and got nowhere near it, it would have simply gone down as unsaveable / a great strike.
Because she was good enough to get fingers to it, she 'should have saved it'!

You should know by now, on here EVERY goal is a goalkeeper error

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought we were completely outplayed in the first half, so I went to bed expecting an attritional 1-0 defeat where we'd concede and not look remotely like equalising.

I was pleasantly surprised to wake up to find that sort of performance had happened. Anyone staying up for the quarter final?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought we were completely outplayed in the first half, so I went to bed expecting an attritional 1-0 defeat where we'd concede and not look remotely like equalising.

I was pleasantly surprised to wake up to find that sort of performance had happened. Anyone staying up for the quarter final?

I went to bed at 1-1. At 1-0 there looked no chance England would score. Then from the point we did (from a corner) we looked the better team. I was delighted to see we'd won, and a bit annoyed that it turned out they'd banged in a worldy about THREE minutes after I'd turned it off :dunce:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I watched the last 55 minutes. Thoroughly enjoyable.

We were playing far too deep at the end of the first half, and if we'd carried on playing like that then there was only one result.

The addition of Jill Scott (tall player on the right hand side) seemed to be that tactical change worked. It gave us a bit more width and pace. That and the fact that Sampson must have just told them to attack more and get into them.

Norway were very good at closing us down in the first half (from what I saw) and in the second, we just reversed that.

I think we'd have won regardless of the belter. The girls just played out the remainder of the second half calmly, running down the clock and ignoring the jeers in the closing minutes.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Exactly the same here, I went to bed at half time. I even did a quick check of the score before I finally went to sleep and it was 1-0 Norway, so I assumed that was that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here