England/Wembley

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sep 25, 2008
Im going to wembley tomorrow for the first time and just wondered if anyone had any advice regarding pubs near the stadium???

I do know of the pub the Market Porter and just wondered if there was one more in London...........

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do NOT go to Wembley for the pubs. There's nothing there.
Hop off the tube at Baker Street, lots of nice little backstreet boozers round there, and you're only half a dozen stops along the Jubilee line from Wembley Park Station.

Repeat. Do NOT get off at Wembley for the pubs.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Do NOT go to Wembley for the pubs. There's nothing there.
Hop off the tube at Baker Street, lots of nice little backstreet boozers round there, and you're only half a dozen stops along the Jubilee line from Wembley Park Station.

Repeat. Do NOT get off at Wembley for the pubs.

Easy 10

The Globe Tavern?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Easy 10

The Globe Tavern?

The Globes alright, but it gets a bit rammed.
I wandered past it down a sidestreet that runs adjacent to Baker St and found a SPLENDID little south african bar about 5 mins away, with Sky Sports and a splendid array of reasonably priced beverages. Bock Bar it might have been called, can't remember. But there were plenty of other little pubs around as well, just off the beaten track.

That'd be my suggestion anyways. Went there before the USA game a few months back, then ambled back up to Baker St station. Its ideal.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
The Globes alright, but it gets a bit rammed.
I wandered past it down a sidestreet that runs adjacent to Baker St and found a SPLENDID little south african bar about 5 mins away, with Sky Sports and a splendid array of reasonably priced beverages. Bock Bar it might have been called, can't remember. But there were plenty of other little pubs around as well, just off the beaten track.

That'd be my suggestion anyways. Went there before the USA game a few months back, then ambled back up to Baker St station. Its ideal.

Sorry E10

I was having a little jest on The Globe being a "back street boozer".
A bit like The Shepherd and Dog in Fulking being a "country" pub.

The Globes ok if you want to queue for ages for a drink and tread throw a piss flooded bog to have a leak!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry E10

I was having a little jest on The Globe being a "back street boozer".
A bit like The Shepherd and Dog in Fulking being a "country" pub.

The Globes ok if you want to queue for ages for a drink and tread throw a piss flooded bog to have a leak!

Ahh, that went over my head didn't it.
Well, you can hardly miss The Globe as you come out of the tube station, but I was happy to swerve it for a pre-match bevvy, exactly for the reasons you mention.

I think the main point is to avoid Wembley completely for any pre-match drinkage. I'll do the Baker St area again I think, when I go to a qualifier next year.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Ahh, that went over my head didn't it.
Well, you can hardly miss The Globe as you come out of the tube station, but I was happy to swerve it for a pre-match bevvy, exactly for the reasons you mention.

I think the main point is to avoid Wembley completely for any pre-match drinkage. I'll do the Baker St area again I think, when I go to a qualifier next year.

E10

You are right Baker Street is easily the best option.
Also get the metropolitan line not the jubilee to the game, unless things have changed. Less stops.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As long as you can get off at Wembley Park Station on thr metropolitan. I like walking up Wembley Way towards the ARCH.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Be careful not to drink too much if you are going to get the tube from Baker Street to Wembley Park!!

leeds fan wet himself at wembley - General Discussion - Digital Spy Forums

you've been warned!!

:lol:

leelee

You are spot on.
I learnt the hard way. On the way to Wembley for the final in '83 I made the mistake of taking the jubilee line. The nearer to Wembley the more the train got more packed with Man U fans. It stopped at nearly every station for about 5 minutes and took about 1.5 hours to get from Green Park to Wembley. Luckily the doors were opened at each stop and it was an opportunity for fans to "relieve" themselves. It was a womder no one got electrocuted that day!

leelee

Oct 25, 2003
I 'feel' the pain, mate!! LOL

You have to have a bit of sympathy for that leeds fan, don't you?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Stage Door, Victoria

Nowhere near the stadium but near the south coast terminus that is Victoria.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports