England/Wales -will they ??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Will England beat France in the rugby and in footy will England beat Denmark??? Are you watching either game?

Will Wales or Scotland get the result needed. I for one would love it if Scotland beat Holland as I am half Scots and also if Wales beat Russia as it would be great to have them there in Euro 2004. I think Wales will get a draw and I think Scotland will be unlucky.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be watching the England rugby on Sunday morning. Not really a rugby fan (I don't understand half of it), but its the World Cup innit, got to watch it. I'm also praying that the Aussies turn New Zealand over, cos an England v Australia final, in their own national stadium, would be an occasion to behold. Can you just imagine how the Aussies would react to England beating them in the World Cup Final, in their own back yard. As someone once said, I would LOVE it, LOVE it if we beat them.

England v Denmark - yeah, I'll have a sniff. Will watch it down the pub with some mates, even though its about as interesting and exciting as my socks.

I'll be supporting Wales and Scotland in the playoffs, simply because it would be great to have them in the Finals next year as well, would love to play either of them in a match that matters.

Heath Park Ranger

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Understand your desire for the Jocks to qualify (it won't happen by the way) due to your family history, but why should any English man/woman (OK, half English man/woman) want the Welsh to do well?

They, as well as the Jocks, f*cking hate the English and want us to fail miserably at everything we do.

Cardiff/West Ham 2 weeks ago - last 2 minutes: "It's full of shit, it's full of shit, it's full of, Englands full of shit" is all the bloody Taffs were singing.

They're w*nkers as we often want other British nations to do well (as well as Rep Ireland) but nobody EVER wants us to have any success.
I used to want other British nations to do well until I realised their hatred (OK, maybe a bit strong but you catch my drift) for us English. :angry:

There, that's better - deep breath, deep breath.

Anyway, Russia 2-1 Wales /// Scotland 0-2 Holland /// England 1-0 Denmark /// England 23-16 France....now that would be a nice weekend.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Such hostility Heath...
Personally, I only want Wales and Scotland to qualify so that we can beat them in the Finals next year. Remember the Scots in Euro 96 ? That was sweeeeet, I want more of that please.

And I'd rather watch Wales next year in Portugal than boring bloody Russia. At least theres a bit of interest there, even if you only want to see them get stuffed out of sight by whoever they're playing. I couldn't give a toss about Russia being there.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
What time is the rugby on will I have time to watch that before the footy???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
albiongirl said:
I remember Euro 96 and I didn't know how to react!!!

Well we had a fairly hefty scottish workmate of mine sat with us in my mates front room watching THAT match. We went mental when Seaman saved that penalty, and then when Gascoigne scored straight away at the other end to make it 2-0, we went absolutely batshit, ran howling into the back garden, and threw half of his parents patio furniture into the pond for some reason.

When we'd calmed down enough to come back inside, my mates mum (bless her) was trying to comfort the inconsolable scotsman by putting a hand on his shoulder and gently asking "are you alright ?".

Great day. Just a great day.

Last edited:

Heath Park Ranger

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fair point, Easy.

Must admit that Euro 96 when we beat Scotland was bloody marvellous, probably made all the better in that there were about 70,000 English fans singing Three Lions in our home stadium on that day watching us beat them.

Horrendous thought, imagine if they qualify/one of them gets drawn in our group and heaven forbid, actually beats us?!

Would never hear the end of it....

Know what you mean though, Russia don't really bring anything exciting to a tournament. Holland do but would rather play the Scots than them, 4-1 in 96 was magic but could it happen again? ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
albiongirl said:
What time is the rugby on will I have time to watch that before the footy???
England v France kicks off on Sunday at 9.00am.
England v Denmark kicks off at 4.00pm.

Heath - the thought of England actually losing to Scotland/Wales in a Finals tournament has never actually occurred to me.
Its just so bad, I can't imagine it ever happening.

Bring em' on !

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Will England beat France? God I hope so, being as there are going to be quite a few Aussies in the pub with us for the game. With Hill, Catt and Lewsey in we've got every chance but will have to play significantly better than we have been.

Will England beat Denmark? Should do or we will struggle in the 2004 finals. Mullering them in the World Cuwas a great performance but I can't help but think Sven might completely change the team at half time again this time. Will I watch it? Dunno, depends if I'm still vertical.

Do I want Scotalnd and Wales to win their playoffs? Not a
:censored: ing hope. I want them to be humiliated. Especially the Welsh.

Last edited:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
will try and watch both, in away i would like scotland to beat holland as that would be a top team out of the tournement so would help england, i think england will win tomorrow in the rugby aswell!!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Heath Park Ranger said:
Understand your desire for the Jocks to qualify (it won't happen by the way) due to your family history, but why should any English man/woman (OK, half English man/woman) want the Welsh to do well?

They, as well as the Jocks, f*cking hate the English and want us to fail miserably at everything we do.

Cardiff/West Ham 2 weeks ago - last 2 minutes: "It's full of shit, it's full of shit, it's full of, Englands full of shit" is all the bloody Taffs were singing.

They're w*nkers as we often want other British nations to do well (as well as Rep Ireland) but nobody EVER wants us to have any success.
I used to want other British nations to do well until I realised their hatred (OK, maybe a bit strong but you catch my drift) for us English. :angry:

There, that's better - deep breath, deep breath.

Anyway, Russia 2-1 Wales /// Scotland 0-2 Holland /// England 1-0 Denmark /// England 23-16 France....now that would be a nice weekend.

hehe, blimey heath

i'll be wanting both of them to go through. yeah they take the piss out of us but we can take a bit of banter can't we? we are all british after all, and banter's what we do best

and if you don't like them having a go at us.....

hands up all england fans who never indulge in letting german sports fans know about their country's history?:)

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
My dad was a jock from Inverness, I was born in Brighton and I really do not care if Scotland or Wales win, lose or draw, there is one team for me and they wear the cross of St George on there shirts.

Great game this morning with an unexpected result - setting up what could be a superb final. Determined Australian defence finally exposing the Kiwis' weaknesses in ball handling.

And an excellent refereeing performance. Wouldn't it be a good idea to wire up football referees for sound transmission?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I'll be supporting Wales and Scotland in the playoffs, simply because it would be great to have them in the Finals next year as well, would love to play either of them in a match that matters. [/B]

Rather see Russia and Holland qualify. Scotland and Wales will just be making up the numbers if they get through. The Scots will be more interested in England losing than their own team winning, once they are there. Both Russia and Holland can play great football on their day so I hope they get through to the finals. The more quality the better and Scotland and Wales have none as teams.

Last edited:

Heath Park Ranger

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lord Bracknell said:
And an excellent refereeing performance. Wouldn't it be a good idea to wire up football referees for sound transmission?

Bracknell,

Don't know if you ever saw it on SKY's Football Years but they showed a clip of Arsenal away against Norwich or somebody, Elleray was the ref and he got wired up for a game as a trial.

Arsenal had a corner, someone headed/shot towards goal and the ball pretty much crossed the line.

Elleray waved play on/no goal and at which Tony Adams ran past him shouting in his ear, "You cheat, you f*cking cheat!"
Elleray ran after him shouting, "Call me what you want, but I am NOT a cheat!" :lolol:

Classic TV, but sadly that was the end of referees with microphones.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Icy Gull said:
Scotland and Wales will just be making up the numbers if they get through. The more quality the better and Scotland and Wales have none as teams.

It was great to see so much quality shining through at Old Trafford on Sunday. Tosser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports