Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs West Indies 3rd test

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Butler has no right to be still playing in this side, tbh. Foakes is a far better keeper, and right now a far more reliable batsman.

Completely agree. Was having this discussion with another cricket dad on Tuesday night. It seems inexplicable that Foakes has been ignored after doing so well when he got his chance. Buttler is the golden boy but surely his time must be running out in tests.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not sure if the West Indies are doing a bit of gamesmanship by putting Cornwall in the team, he's fielding at first AND second slip.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm looking forward to watching Cornwall bat. If he's not the slogger every village team has I'll be very disappointed.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
When they said Cornwall was coming on to bowl, I didn't realise they meant the County!

Struck me as odd that the West Indies picked two off spinners, won the toss then put England in? They looked a seamer light today and wicket looks like by the fourth innings it will be taking appreciable spin.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm looking forward to watching Cornwall bat. If he's not the slogger every village team has I'll be very disappointed.

He is that.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Well clearly the weather is better in Manc Land than down here on the Sunny South Coast as we are going to get some play!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Pope dropped by Biggy at slips.

Gone next over! Gabriel bowling beauties this morning.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:facepalm: Woakes chops on. How annoying is it when commentators say a bowler has bowled a good ball when a batsman chops the ball on to the stumps, it’s a poor shot.

Well this is going well this morning, Buttler now gone as well. Gabriel has bowled absolutely superbly this morning. Good innings from Jos, should help his confidence.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Let’s hope we can whittle the westies out cheaply looking likely that they’ll clean us up for less than 300

I said this earlier in the thread but with our bowling line up I think anything around 300, with Monday likely to be rained off, would be a good score for us to get a result from the game, a draw in this series is pointless if we want to win the trophy back so need to go all out to win the game and potentially risk losing it.

Archer now gone, 280/8, fantastic bowling from the West Indies this morning.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I said this earlier in the thread but with our bowling line up I think anything around 300, with Monday likely to be rained off, would be a good score for us to get a result from the game, a draw in this series is pointless if we want to win the trophy back so need to go all out to win the game and potentially risk losing it.

Archer now gone, 280/8, fantastic bowling from the West Indies this morning.

Looking at how the balls moving about our quickies must be licking their lips

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Good to see him getting some runs again. Hasn't been the same since he got that one in the mush.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here