Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs Wales 2PM on THURSDAY!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I think I'm alone in still not getting over the play-offs. No interest at all in football right now. My mojo needs waking up. England win game one I might show interest but I'm working next Thursday and I'm the boss who makes up the rotas!

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Had it booked off since the fixture was released plus the Friday for recovery. **** working through that.

In fact I remember my second ever job, my first day was the same day as England's opening game v Paraguay in 06. I asked for holiday as it clashed, they said no and if I didn't turn up I would get a disciplinary. I took the disciplinary.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Same as the Tunisia game in 98 2pm KO? Booked the day off 1st day back after the Xmas holidays,6 months later watched the rest of the company moan about not being allowed the time off .Watched the game in Euston in a Pub full of Scots on their way to France which was most pleasing.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I went to the effort of moving to China so that this will actually be 9pm my time....... you can all laugh though at the Russia game being 3am :-/ I have Russian colleagues so would like to win both games thanks.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Going to the match so don't care, but it is crazy that this is being played in the smallest stadium on a thursday afternoon, when other less attractive games have peak time in a big stadium. Nonsensical.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:thumbsup:

I've used a similar tactic for the tube at Victoria. If northbound is completely rammed I go southbound 1 stop to Pimlico and get on a northbound tube there.

I did that for our playoff final against Colin's Notts County. Harrow on the Hill. Nice pub for lunch. Best part of the day . . . . :tantrum:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Same as the Tunisia game in 98 2pm KO? Booked the day off 1st day back after the Xmas holidays,6 months later watched the rest of the company moan about not being allowed the time off .Watched the game in Euston in a Pub full of Scots on their way to France which was most pleasing.

Same with the Brazil match. 9am KO? Got drunk in pub watching it then found a huge slab of concrete at work and smashed it up. Made me feel an awful lot better.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Same with the Brazil match. 9am KO? Got drunk in pub watching it then found a huge slab of concrete at work and smashed it up. Made me feel an awful lot better.
Was in Tenerife for that out 11pm the night before and carried on till the end of the game , very messy.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

that was shit wasn't it

went into work after the match,having to build corbel's

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nice corporate jolly with free booze and nibbles in the Strand

Fromthesouth

Apr 30, 2016
Booked day off as soon as draw was made to make sure I got in before anyone else, it's a nightmare trying to get time off where I work

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I remember the Nigeria game at the '02 World Cup. 7am if I remember rightly, me and my mate were in the Hogshead as it was at the time, in Tonbridge. Got annihilated on Guinness then went and sat through a mid morning seminar at college. Christ knows what state I'd be in if I pulled that kind of stunt now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here