Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs Pakistan 1st Test Abu Dhabi

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
This is an incredibly tedious watch. Let's just hope Engalnd can bat on this dead surface.

its bloody awful to watch - the bowlers have nothing. may as well just switch on day 4 or 5 when it starts spinning

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Well, this is exciting stuff isn't it? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The sooner we can get Test cricket back in Pakistan the better it'll be for both the viewers and the development of Pakistani cricket.

Do we trust England to bat this one out though? I'm not so sure, we have lots of stroke makers but not too many crease occupiers.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Absorbing.

Lovely bit of analysis by Bumble on the last ball where Malik came straight down the middle of the pitch to plant his feet and play his shot from a spinner's good length... ;)

Bowlers are banned from bowling if they run on the danger area but the batters can get away with it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
And now another wicket.

TIMBER....!!!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
My not quite patented money-printing system comes up trumps again.

Bet on another wicket falling relatively quickly after a massive partnership is broken.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What a complete waste of time this series is. I bet the players are loving it!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
56-0 at close of play. Cook 39 Ali 15. Well done them. Now to bat all day tomorrow

IF (big if) this pitch stays benign if might give s few batsmen (e.g. Ali at no.2) a chance to bed into Test cricket / a new batting position. We know our bowlers are ok (in normal conditions).

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
IF (big if) this pitch stays benign if might give s few batsmen (e.g. Ali at no.2) a chance to bed into Test cricket / a new batting position. We know our bowlers are ok (in normal conditions).

Yes indeed. Sounds like Ali did well during that nasty little session there.

Shame about Rashid - big test of character for him now but I hope that he does not get binned.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
just put on India v South Africa the difference is unbelievable no wonder some countries don't like test cricket

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't know why but I really can't muster any interest whatsoever in this tour. Too much cricket I think, but Sussex fliddery hasn't helped.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Ali is a horse for the course here. If he opens in South Africa the selectors have lost the plot. He's a decent bat but won't be able to handle the new ball against Morkel and Steyn on South African wickets.

Though it does beg the question, who else?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given the batting friendly pitch there us no reason why England can not bat for the next 3 days to draw thw test by posting 800+ and giving the bowlers a complete rest before the 2nd test.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Given the batting friendly pitch there us no reason why England can not bat for the next 3 days to draw thw test by posting 800+ and giving the bowlers a complete rest before the 2nd test.

Unfortunately I can think of quite a few.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here