Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***England vs India First test match at Trent Bridge OFFICAL match Thread***

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lunch - Day 3

No wickets and 88 runs from 31 overs for England.

England 131-1 (48 overs)

Ballance 59* Robson 59*

Only 11 wickets have fallen in 7 sessions. :nono:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Draw written all over it already even after 1 and half days play.

Mid afternoon yesterday we might have bowled them out for 350. It was about 2 hours later than that it looked forlorn.

That said... we COULD just bat for 5 more sessions... and get a modest lead together... and put them under pressure on a wearing surface?? No, probably not! :)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Mid afternoon yesterday we might have bowled them out for 350. It was about 2 hours later than that it looked forlorn.

That said... we COULD just bat for 5 more sessions... and get a modest lead together... and put them under pressure on a wearing surface?? No, probably not! :)

Ordinarily there would be an outside chance but on this pitch, I can't see how it's going to happen. The bounce is just going to get lower and lower and lower. Their last wicket partnership showed yesterday that even extremely limited batsman can survive and even score runs if they get on that front foot and apply themselves.

bhafc1972

Banned
Jun 2, 2014
After the ashes defeat Cook should of been sacked as skipper but Still picked as a batter. He would in my view relax more if he was not skipper .

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
After the ashes defeat Cook should of been sacked as skipper but Still picked as a batter. He would in my view relax more if he was not skipper .

I do agree to an extent, certainly Cook is not a great captain.

The issue is who becomes Captain? I suspect it would affect Bell's batting and Broad potentially would be a nightmare.

Tactically Morgan is the best option, but his batting does not warrant inclusion.

bhafc1972

Banned
Jun 2, 2014
I do agree to an extent, certainly Cook is not a great captain.

The issue is who becomes Captain? I suspect it would affect Bell's batting and Broad potentially would be a nightmare.

Tactically Morgan is the best option, but his batting does not warrant inclusion.

We should of done what South Africa done with Smith. I would of made Root or Ballance or Robson captain a big risk but they all have no baggage

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ballance gone for 71... also LBW to Sharma

154-3

Both wickets have fallen since India asked for and got a change of ball... a little swing, a some slightly more positive bounce seems to be undoing the batsmen.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and another for Sharma.. a bit more bounce and Bell WAFTS at one high and wide outside off... nick to Dhoni.

172-4

England under pressure.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Uncharacteristic Shocker from Moeen Ali... turning away from a short ball that doesn't bounce.. back of bat, lobs up to slip :nono:

197-5 oops!

Still 260 behind.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Draw written all over it already even after 1 and half days play.

I only said COULD. :facepalm:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Prior given... caught behind... Dhoni standing up to Kumar

NOWHERE NEAR IT :nono:

THAT WAS A SHOCKER FROM DHARMASENA... exactly what DRS was made for!

FFS

202-6

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Stokes has a nibble at his second ball... edges it to Dhoni.

OH DEAR!

202-7

Cook will be strapping his pads on again soon. :facepalm:

Draw anyone??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here