Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England vs Belgium

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
It's incredible how short the memory of the average England fan is.

Dunk gets called up during a bad patch of form and he's awful and not worthy of a call up, absolutely terrible I've seen everywhere tonight.

Meanwhile last International break he was the best player on the pitch one game, and the best player on the pitch not named Bellingham the other. Been quality for years.

He's too in his own head at the moment, needs to get his confidence back.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It's incredible how short the memory of the average England fan is.

Dunk gets called up during a bad patch of form and he's awful and not worthy of a call up, absolutely terrible I've seen everywhere tonight.

Meanwhile last International break he was the best player on the pitch one game, and the best player on the pitch not named Bellingham the other. Been quality for years.

He's too in his own head at the moment, needs to get his confidence back.
Our squad generally look short on confidence and like they’re not enjoying their football at the moment. RDZ has got a lot to answer for, his demeanor recently has not helped at all IMO.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair, Chilwell bust a gut to try and get back for that last Belgium chance, whereas Rice looked over, saw Chilwell wasn't going to make it but jogged back himself.

The problem is these are all good players but Southgate's system is not getting the best out of any of them.
Correct. The back 5(?!) was crowded half the game. Rice was all over the place. In both senses. Wierd.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Correct. The back 5(?!) was crowded half the game. Rice was all over the place. In both senses. Wierd.
I really like Declan Rice as a player but he has a bit of the Steven Gerrard superman/captain marvel complex about him where he wants to be everywhere and do everything for the team, especially being the captain tonight. He clearly didn’t trust the defence so tried to play there as well as then being our playmaker and destroyer in midfield.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Not the game I watched! Keep up at the back Sky!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 22.46.15.jpeg.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 22.46.15.jpeg.png
    937.4 KB · Views: 46

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
(big) mistake aside I thought Dunk had a decent game, especially 2nd half.

Other comments:
Pickford is a liability
Konsa is not a right back
Chilwell is bang average
Mainoo is a very good prospect
Bellingham is on a different level
Maddison is hugely overrated and a red card waiting to happen, if I were waistcoat I’d think twice on him
England are in trouble if Walker and Shaw are injured come June

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I really like Declan Rice as a player but he has a bit of the Steven Gerrard superman/captain marvel complex about him where he wants to be everywhere and do everything for the team, especially being the captain tonight. He clearly didn’t trust the defence so tried to play there as well as then being our playmaker and destroyer in midfield.

In that starting line up he was the defensive midfielder and failed in his main duty.

For club SG was box to box with a astonishing number of goals and assists, a totally different player to Rice. He best position was playing behind Torres or Suarez.

For country managers got in a muddle in trying to shoe horn several similar CM’ers.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Dunk will surely make the Euros squad from here - who goes instead? He’s pretty much the only ‘senior’ CB playing at a decent level at this point. Besides Stones & Maguire

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dunk will surely make the Euros squad from here - who goes instead? He’s pretty much the only ‘senior’ CB playing at a decent level at this point. Besides Stones & Maguire
Guehi, Colwill

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I haven’t followed what I am sure is a Lewis Dunk pile on but has anyone considered that Lukaku hasn’t had a shot on goal all match. Pretty sure that won’t get a mention. All things considered England look pretty good for the Euros. Of course we aren’t going to win it but do people really think we should. Blame the manager, blame Lewis Dunk but get a grip people. We are a decent team with a lot of good footballers but so are a hell of a lot of other teams. As a nation we have won one major trophy, in 1966, which is way down the list of other nations.
Correct as Germany will win it

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Guehi, Colwill
Both under 23... I don't see Southgate taking a load of young centre backs. He'll know that if one of Stones/Maguire gets injured in the build up or during the tournament, then Dunk will have to step in. I think that is why Dunk got so many minutes over this break, because Southgate knows he needs the experience because there's a fairly high chance that he ends up playing some minutes in the Euros.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here