Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs. Australia A - Ashes warm up Hobart

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The thing about Root down the order is that he's useful with the second new ball, but that said Matt Prior's not the best running partner either. Root needs to bat with Prior, Broad and Swann but given this Tasmanian wicket I'm not sure that actually going to happen.

Surely Cook and Carberry will retire to give everyone else a chance. Even if we bat for 2.5 days the bowlers will still get a decent run out

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nice for Carberry that he's played himself into contention, but our bowlers are more of a worry than the batsmen, IMO. If Jimmy gets crocked, where are the wickets coming from?

You've got a point. I'd have felt a tad more comfortable with Onions on tour alongside Finn and Tremlett.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Surely Cook and Carberry will retire to give everyone else a chance. Even if we bat for 2.5 days the bowlers will still get a decent run out

I seem to recall there was a big batting collapse in our last match - that might have a bearing.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
With Compton at least he seemed to hang around though. I'd be happy if he averaged 20 odd if he could properly see off the new ball. I think Root and Carberry both sorry about scoring a bit too much early on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here