Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
England seem to be trying to play a 'one touch' game. It's good to see, but I would have thought in conditions such as this we would try to hold the ball for longer.

Did you ever see Fulham play in Europe under Hodgson? The speed with which they moved the ball about at times was phenomenal. Lovely to watch when it all came together.

Agreed though, in these conditions then perhaps patient possession is the best option.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Hmm. Backed the draw. Quite hopeful. Good workout do far for the boys and if it all goes tits up you can blame the storm and reassure yourself with Italy's result against Luxembourg on Wednesday.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Did you ever see Fulham play in Europe under Hodgson? The speed with which they moved the ball about at times was phenomenal. Lovely to watch when it all came together.

Agreed though, in these conditions then perhaps patient possession is the best option.

I didn't really see Fulham play, but I do enjoy that approach. I'm not sure how it can be adapted to some of the conditions they will meet in the Brazil though. I'm guessing that a team with a more possessive game will have an advantage.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In the "How many times will Wilshere land on his arse?" Sweepstake I've gone for 9.

longmanofwilmington

Apr 25, 2014
Rooney was awful first half, he looks totally off the pace, probably because Florida is the retirement capital of America, he's constantly distracted.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
do the Hondurians know its a friendly, or have they had a massive bung from Costa Rica? really is pretty unnecessary.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Well, it's nice to see England have already put themselves into World Cup mode by sauntering around the pitch with no idea how to break down a very poor side

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here