crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Was that the **** from Celtic?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Looks like Honduras want to inflict some injuries. I'd start taking our most valuable players off.

I don't get why they're putting some of these nasty little challenges in. Surely they're jeopardising their own World Cup chances?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I don't get why they're putting some of these nasty little challenges in. Surely they're jeopardising their own World Cup chances?

I don't think suspensions are carried over to the WC, are they?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sounds like a great atmosphere for a friendly.

After Peru rolled over and had their tummies tickled at Wembley, a decent matchup with a South American team that can mix it is probably needed.

With 7 days to go, it's time for the cotton wool to come off.

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
England seem to be trying to play a 'one touch' game. It's good to see, but I would have thought in conditions such as this we would try to hold the ball for longer.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the last breakdown of our attack i think shows why Henderson is in ahead of others percieved as better... he can cover ground and just keeps going. his understanding with Gerrard gets him in ahead of Milner, otherwise you'd not bother with 2 in front of the defense as we'd find ourselves exposed on the counter, because we do like to pour forward and over commit.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Honduras seem like a poor mans Equador, similar counter attacking style, but my modern football standards incredibly dirty. With the unnecessary use of knees, lateness in the challenge, straight leg diving in tackles and anything else to injure their opponents. These have been warmups for the Uruguay game I suppose, but hopefully at minimal cost in injuries.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We're making them look like Brazil... sort it out FFS!

Er, no, I think you'll find Brazil can string more than two passes together. This lot can't, so far. We're poor, but they're woeful!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
They (England) seem to be spanking the ball into each other - really drilling the passes...its no wonder they can't bloody well control it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here