Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Ukraine

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Worst comment on the Welbeck incident was "he's entitled to go over there". What the f***? No he isn't. That's called CHEATING.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Defoe's skilful layoff to an open Cleverley who fluffed from 5 yards out was described by Townsend as a shocking miss by the Spurs man. What a twat!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I can honestly not remember any time where I've felt more apathetic about the fortunes of the England football team.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Blokhin to Hodgson at the end: "I'm so sorry for the referee, so sorry for the referee." Fair play, recognised it.

Correct score was 2-1 but 1-1s not the end of the world. The likes of Italy and France have results like this and worse all the time in qualifying.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Worst comment on the Welbeck incident was "he's entitled to go over there". What the f***? No he isn't. That's called CHEATING.

Agreed. I don't want my kids listening to this twunt, how do you expain this comment to a 6 year old?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Correct. Disgraceful dive.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Another largely uninspired performance from the cauldron of boredom that is international football

Roll on Friday

Albion Rob

Well done England. Consideering not all those players out there tonight are guaranteed to start - or even necessarily feature - in the Premier League this weekend and they've grown up on generally substandard coaching being urged by the crowd to play a skillful passing gam they're simply not equipped for, I think they did well.

Someething to improve (in general) we need more tricky players that can go past people and leave them trailing. Not saying I know where to find them, mind.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Defoe's skilful layoff to an open Cleverley who fluffed from 5 yards out was described by Townsend as a shocking miss by the Spurs man. What a twat!
Yes, Christ that was absurd.

Seriously, ITV really ought to bin him. He clearly knows nothing about the game he apparently played professionally for 15 years. It makes you wonder whether half of the players actually know the rules, yet still have the front to gob off at the referee when he makes a decision.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, Christ that was absurd.

Seriously, ITV really ought to bin him. He clearly knows nothing about the game he apparently played professionally for 15 years. It makes you wonder whether half of the players actually know the rules, yet still have the front to gob off at the referee when he makes a decision.

Anyone else find Tyldesley crap? In the first half kept talking about Ukraine's goal that wasn't given in Euro's; and then seized upon his chance to talk about the disallowed Defoe goal evened things up.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here