Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Ukraine. Thoughts / predictions / bets

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Twinkle Toes and brakespeare are right. Most of the team can't pass or control the ball.

Just imagine how much the foreign brigade are making up for their inadequacies in the premier league!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good call. You predicted Friday's match correctly too, iirc.

And I really fancy us to beat Montenegro and Poland too. The likes of Lampard and Gerrard played it safe tonight, but they know tonight was a must not lose game.

Montenegro will have to come at us at Wembley because they have to win. There will be space and a big crowd, the strikers are back, it's all good.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Has anyone else noticed how extraordinarily **** Kyle Walker is for England? People slag off Glen Johnson but I'd rather him on KW's displays. Tonight was like watching Stuart Myall reborn. Poor positioning, sloppy nervous passing, offers nothing going forward and every time one of their wingers ran at him my heart was in my mouth such was the level of ownage. He was all over the gaff and looked like he'd snorted a gram of ket before going onto the field.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And I really fancy us to beat Montenegro and Poland too. The likes of Lampard and Gerrard played it safe tonight, but they know tonight was a must not lose game.

Montenegro will have to come at us at Wembley because they have to win. There will be space and a big crowd, the strikers are back, it's all good.
I think so. Our injured players should be back then.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
1 point was enough, but 2022 to win the world cup is extremely optimistic..

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

No they didn't. You really think they weren't trying to win? To get the goal?

Football players are not that bright.

Total rubbish. If you can't get a goal against Ukraine then you're not going anywhere.

And what is Roy on about - players not being used to this sort of pressure. Rubbish.

We've got to stop looking at this through rose tinted spectacles.

Let's wake up. English football is rubbish. English players are rubbish. Our national game is played by a bunch of over paid over rated individuals that command absolutely no respect.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Simply appalling, sure a draw is all that was needed, but we are truly awful. Arguably we have 2 potentially world class players in Cole and Gerrard and they are both at the back end of their career.

Lampard and Wilshire can't pass. Walcott looks scared. Lambert ok first half, but one dimensional, Walker, Milner and Young out of their depth. Centre backs were ok......

Just really poor....... Can't wait to get real football back...... C'mon the Albion..!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Pretty painful watching, but a job well done :)

Completely agree. Poor performance but good result and dogged defending. Tightness of game didn't help...

On another note Milners defending for that free header was utterly shocking...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yes. I know lots.

What do you know about winning them?

I don't want to just qualify. I'm not Aston Villa.

If you think this England squad is capable of winning every match then that is not going. Hodgson's done well since he took over. If this side are going to do anything in a tournament it'll be a a couple of draws, a couple of extra times and a couple of 90 minute wins. Games like this are a reference point, we've proved we can tough it out and - I believe - against Montenegro and Poland we'll show we have enough class to turn on some style.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That was shit. In fact it was a large slab of turd served in a Vince basket with diarrhoea sauce.

I honestly don't care if that's progressed us in the competition because if by some miracle we do get to Brazil we'll go out in the group stages. International players and they passed worse that a League One team. Boring, embarrassing, functional drivel.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That was shit. In fact it was a large slab of turd served in a Vince basket with diarrhoea sauce.

I honestly don't care if that's progressed us in the competition because if by some miracle we do get to Brazil we'll go out in the group stages. International players and they passed worse that a League One team. Boring, embarrassing, functional drivel.

This with extra helpings of turd.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

'Glad you enjoyed it, GB. I'm buggered if I did. :)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If you think this England squad is capable of winning every match then that is not going. Hodgson's done well since he took over. If this side are going to do anything in a tournament it'll be a a couple of draws, a couple of extra times and a couple of 90 minute wins. Games like this are a reference point, we've proved we can tough it out and - I believe - against Montenegro and Poland we'll show we have enough class to turn on some style.

I'm not inspired by that. Sorry. I expect more. And I'm entitled to it given what we have sacrificed in the cause of the premier league and football in this country.

Quite simply, this performance shows we have failed to nurture our national game. And for what? The richest league in the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here