Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Ukraine. Thoughts / predictions / bets

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A young Simster, outside his "postive manor":

058204_5b1c6784.jpg

lol sorry i typing quickly and don't have time to think!

I'm just glad that Mellotron and myself have finally got through to you ;)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
lol sorry i typing quickly and don't have time to think!

I'm just glad that Mellotron and myself have finally got through to you ;)

To be honest, I'm not really sure what you're talking about. The fact that I criticise the clueless FA and the mongs in the team who think they are world class does not disguise the fact that I am English. You'd be more likely to "get through" to me if you didn't make yourself sound like an NSC version of Andy Townsend.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To be honest, I'm not really sure what you're talking about. The fact that I criticise the clueless FA and the mongs in the team who think they are world class does not disguise the fact that I am English. You'd be more likely to "get through" to me if you didn't make yourself sound like an NSC version of Andy Townsend.

:lol: nibble nibble

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Something like this would be nice (I know a draw won't qualify us but would be a great result).

Was a shame Hoddle turned out to be such a nob. I really felt he was taking us in a different direction for a short time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
2-0 to the good guys, Lamps and one of the others

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Said at the start of the group that England may struggle to finish top and that I wasn't confident that they would qualify for the finals.

I stand by that. I expect Ukraine to win at home tonight. (But obviously hope they don't).

By chance, the last two World Cup's England failed to qualify for were years ending in 4. And both were with Poland in their group, our last home match being against them on both occasions....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
By chance, the last two World Cup's England failed to qualify for were years ending in 4. And both were with Poland in their group, our last home match being against them on both occasions....

Surely the last two times we've failed to qualify, were USA in '94, and Argentina in '78?

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
England travel to Ukraine tonight, for their most important fixture in a while. Weird how little people care about it, given that they'll mostly all be gutted if next year's WC comes round, and we're not there.

I would say, given how little certain posters on NSC care about it.
Soon be back when we start doing well in tournaments.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
England travel to Ukraine tonight, for their most important fixture in a while. Weird how little people care about it, given that they'll mostly all be gutted if next year's WC comes round, and we're not there.
Indeed. We've not been playing well for years, so a lot of us have lost our England mojo, but qualifying is still a big deal IMO.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Really?

Rooney out
Welbeck out
Sturridge out
Andy Carroll out
Oxlade-Chamberlain out

Where exactly are all of these attacking options, or did the sarcasm just *whoosh* over my head?

Don't think any of them played really well in the Euro's , we will miss Welbeck as he is just starting to come good for England , have not seen the team yet but I hope Walker is playing as he is much more of a threat going forward than Johnson , Johnson runs down the wing well but the final ball is normally crap . Theo is playing better now too . Lambert will always be dangerous even against good teams , I understand what your saying but I think with Wiltshire as well and Lampard and Gerrard playing better together I think they are really up for this one and we will win 2-1 ! Milner playing is an issue :(

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Something like this would be nice (I know a draw won't qualify us but would be a great result).

Was a shame Hoddle turned out to be such a nob. I really felt he was taking us in a different direction for a short time.

When was the last time an England side knocked the ball about like that?

Oh yeah, then.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The big plus for Hodgson is that he has got Lampard and Gerrard working together which never should been a problem. With these two players England could beat any team on their day.

It will be like the Albion visiting Birmingham so we could pull it off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here