Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I had faith Screenshot_20210703-215225_BetVictor.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Pleased for Henderson there.

Thought he did really well when he came on. Assured and always looked to play forward.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We moan about GS.

But boy his football is light years ahead of the Hodgson and McLaren versions.

Respect.

It wasn't though.

GS had to learn we're a bit shite and need to approach tournament football with that in mind.

The results are there for all to see.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
.....♩♫ Strong Britain, great nation
Strong Britain, great nation
Strong Britain, great nation
Strong Britain, great na - a - tion ♩♫​

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We do seem to have settled into this gameplan that we have decided to play at this tournament.
We seem to be much more of a team, confident and composed over most of the 45 minutes.
Playing like this, if we were playing one of the supposed better sides, they would struggle against England, it seems we are improving as the tournament goes on and that is how you win these things.

Yep. Can't believe anyone was complaining after that 1st half. We were playing against a bank of 5 and 3 through most of that half and still looked really dangerous when we turned it on.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Said for a while that, given a couple of years, this will be the best team England has ever produced. We've not had such quality in such quantity.

I'm also one of the Southgate fanboys- not because he is the best tactician, but because his teams like him. And that is half the battle.

That said, this tournament is still going to be really difficult. Denmark will open us up more, and if we do reach the final Italy have the strongest team (albeit with a similar set up). Spain have quality too.

But this is nice to see. You can only beat who is put in front of you. And England did the job.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We moan about GS.

But boy his football is light years ahead of the Hodgson and McLaren versions.

Respect.

A World Cup semi-final and a Euro semi-final.

Is there a Golden glove award? Five clean sheets in a row.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thought he did really well when he came on. Assured and always looked to play forward.

That’s what Henderson does, a wealth of experience in mopping up danger and he’s instinctively always forward thinking.

Imho Phillips was ball watching, he couldn’t get into the first half.

I thought Rice upped his game and was outstanding.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Said for a while that, given a couple of years, this will be the best team England has ever produced. We've not had such quality in such quantity.

I'm also one of the Southgate fanboys- not because he is the best tactician, but because his teams like him. And that is half the battle.

That said, this tournament is still going to be really difficult. Denmark will open us up more, and if we do reach the final Italy have the strongest team (albeit with a similar set up). Spain have quality too.

But this is nice to see. You can only beat who is put in front of you. And England did the job.

Our very strong subs bench is also a huge plus.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
So far we’ve won the group, scored 8, conceded none, beaten Germany, won a quarter final 4-0 and made the semis of a major tournament.

I don’t see any room for negativity now - this has been the pinnacle of post-1966 England tournament performance and massive credit has to go to Gareth Southgate and the whole England set-up.

We’ve passed every test so far, the next one is Denmark and a step-up from anything we’ve faced so far in my opinion (including Germany), but this England team has no reason to fear anyone. Look at our record so far - who would want to face a team that literally doesn’t concede goals?

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
A World Cup semi-final and a Euro semi-final.

Is there a Golden glove award? Five clean sheets in a row.
For England 7 clean sheets in a row which is a record, 2 semis, nations league final, not bad for a limited manager

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports