Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Switzerland U-21s at The Amex, Nov. 16th

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
When we hosted a game at the Goldstone against Norway Peter Ward scored a hat trick and we won 6-0. The crowd was a brilliant 18,500. What a night !
How many will attend now.? We really should support them with three in the team.

I remember that. Capacity crowd with fans locked out. Left foot, right foot and a header.

Last time we got over 20,000 at the Amex which was virtually capacity then. £10+ entry. I didn't go because there were no Albion players on show.

This time it will be on BT TV. Under 21 team had bigger crowds of 22,000 at Wolves and Middlesbrough, but these are bigger stadia. Probably a good choice for the Amex as it will look fuller.

I've only been to four matches not involving the Albion. Finished 6-0, 5-0, 5-0 & 5-0 to the home team.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Shows how age plays tricks with you I thought that it was 7-0 and John Deehan of Villa scored 4. My memory has obviously let me down.

John did score two (the other was scored by Peter Barnes). John also scored two when England beat Finland 8-1 at Boothferry Park the following month.

Incidentally, John's brother Paul was a manager at a company I worked at in the automotive supply industry in Tipton in the late nineties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here