Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v Sri Lanka - First Test - Lords

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
And one for Anderson too... Thirimanne chips one to Robson at midwicket.

Sri Lanka 289-4, still trailing by 286 on first innings.

The game is moving on again...

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Can't help but feel that we seem to be a little impotent with the ball in hand. We don't have anyone who genuinely strikes the fear of god into batsmen, and haven't really for a long time. I fail to see how Liam Plunkett has developed in 7 years either. Moeen Ali seems to be a good addition, just need to give him a bit of time. Controversially, I think Prior has had it internationally if I'm honest - although a reasonable knock, it feels like he greases his gloves up with butter at the moment :(

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Top speeds in this innings.. Plunkett 94mph, Anderson 91mph, Jordan 91mph, Broad 89mph... on a medium-paced, easy bouncing, and flat wicket. I am not sure what you are expecting?

And what makes you be so harsh on MP - I haven't been watching much today, has he dropped catches, missed stumpings??

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Top speeds in this innings.. Plunkett 94mph, Anderson 91mph, Jordan 91mph, Broad 89mph... on a medium-paced, easy bouncing, and flat wicket. I am not sure what you are expecting?

And what makes you be so harsh on MP - I haven't been watching much today, has he dropped catches, missed stumpings??

Having pace is all well and good, but it's wickets that count, and he's not looked dangerous enough. I'd prefer to see someone younger come through (Tredwell perhaps)

MP - I dunno. Admittedly, no one came out of the Ashes with much credibility, but I just felt that Prior was poor on that tour, and was struggling with confidence. His big innings will definitely help, and being a Sussex man I want to see him do well. Again, it's looking to the future, and I see it as an inevitability that Jos Buttler will come through in the next year or so.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
MP - I dunno. Admittedly, no one came out of the Ashes with much credibility, but I just felt that Prior was poor on that tour, and was struggling with confidence. His big innings will definitely help, and being a Sussex man I want to see him do well. Again, it's looking to the future, and I see it as an inevitability that Jos Buttler will come through in the next year or so.

Well... MP has just taken a cracking catch, first signs of a bit or turn and bounce... Moeen Ali has his 1st test wicket, Sangakarra out for 147

Sri Lanka 385-5, still trailing by 190

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Missed the big wicket

Lets hope they fall in twos

England 575/9d

Sri Lanka 387/5 (110.3 ov)

Sri Lanka trail by 188 runs with 5 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Well... MP has just taken a cracking catch, first signs of a bit or turn and bounce... Moeen Ali has his 1st test wicket, Sangakarra out for 147

Sri Lanka 385-5, still trailing by 190

Pissed me right off- I literally flicked over to the football for 30 seconds and missed it!!!! If we nick Mathews out before end of play, the rest should fall like a house of cards.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That was a cracker of a catch by Bell, at a very short fine leg.... wicket for Plunkett.

SL 400-6

Still 175 lead... definitely something to bowl at now!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
413/7 Jordan strikes

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Close of play on day 3.... Sri Lanka 415-7 trailing by 160.

Early wickets tomorrow and it could be interesting.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Could be very interesting but still have to get Sangkkara out again...

Think he's the best test batsman I've ever seen.

Literally chanceless until he got out, no wonder he averages nearly 60.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
From BBC

12:12:
WICKET- Pradeep hit wicket b Jordan 4 (SL 453 all out)
Erm, is it OK to laugh, or is actually hurt? What's beyond doubt is that is you don't see this very often.
Nuwan Pradeep is completely sconned by a Chris Jordan bouncer, falling backwards as a result and demolishing his own stumps as he hits the deck.
The initial urge to chuckle is suppressed as Pradeep lays prone, but, after being checked on by the England team, he gets up and seems to be well.
Therefore, we can conclude it's fine to find this humorous. At the end of all that, Sri Lanka are bowled out for 453 and trail by 122.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
From BBC

Erm, is it OK to laugh, or is actually hurt? What's beyond doubt is that is you don't see this very often.
Nuwan Pradeep is completely sconned by a Chris Jordan bouncer, falling backwards as a result and demolishing his own stumps as he hits the deck.
The initial urge to chuckle is suppressed as Pradeep lays prone, but, after being checked on by the England team, he gets up and seems to be well.
Therefore, we can conclude it's fine to find this humorous. At the end of all that, Sri Lanka are bowled out for 453 and trail by 122.
Its a lovely wicket for an aggressive fast bowler. If you can't bowl 'em out, knock 'em out!!!

edit: although it is a bit harsh on a (shite) number eleven.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
From BBC

For anyone who has played Stick Cricket, you know EXACTLY what happened.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
What is a decent declaration target? Knock a quick 200-250 and set them about 350? But only if we can do that quickly. But if we do does that make it a target they can get?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here