Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v Sri Lanka - First Test - Lords

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
What a very pragmatic young cricketer Joe Root is.
Very much of the old fashioned Yorkshire mould. Not too much in the way of frills but gets on and builds an innings. Lovely to see!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Jimmy Anderson's first ball takes the edge... bursts through CJ's hands at 2nd slip, on the bounce... and goes for 4.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Brilliant Joe Root, my 8-year old son will be pleased as he's his favourite player. I'll be far more comfortable watching the cricket highlights than the Brazil highlights from last night.
My seven yr old's favourite player too. He's hoping to emulate him as he plays for Sheffield Collegiate (under 9s) where Joe started out.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
For goodness sake what is wrong with umpires nowadays. That was so clearly not out, why did he even have to review it?

Edit - now the lbw review, I was talking about the run out one the ball before :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One down possibly under review

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Tell that to Cook!

I think the attack at Poynings CC might trouble the England captain at the moment...

I'd take the captaincy away from Cook. Not only is he an arrogant, shìt captain, but he's also a very decent opener who needs to rediscover his form. Ian Bell ought to be able to step up as captain.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I know we have DRS, but to me, on the knee roll, pitching in front, that's out for me......evening up with the Prior not out though I guess.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wicket, Jordan

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
151/2 and good bowling from England

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Need to bowl 'em out for 375 or less to have any chance of winning this.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Finally... a wicket for England... Broad traps Jayawardene with the new ball (who waste a review hitting half way up middle!)

Fantastic partnership from SL's senior players... 126 runs, 33.2 overs, RR: 3.78 (DPMD Jayawardene 55, Sangakkara 64)

277-3

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here