Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v Sri Lanka - First Test - Lords

Stumpy Tim

I prefer the idea of adding penalty runs at the close based on ave run rate for the day multiplied by the number of overs under-bowled.
They're still playing so the numbers used below are for illustration only.
Currently 314 off 84 overs is a 3.74 run rate.
If play stopped now, this would be 6 overs short of the required 90, so [6 x 3.74] will add 23 runs to the overnight score.

I like that a lot

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I prefer the idea of adding penalty runs at the close based on ave run rate for the day multiplied by the number of overs under-bowled.
They're still playing so the numbers used below are for illustration only.
Currently 314 off 84 overs is a 3.74 run rate.
If play stopped now, this would be 6 overs short of the required 90, so [6 x 3.74] will add 23 runs to the overnight score.

I was thinking exactly this today. I'm sure it would sort the problem out. England's will be atrocious without a front-line spinner as well.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Brilliant at last we now have some ballance in our side and the alarm bell has stopped ringing. Prior to this we were unable to cook up anything special and didn't seem able to root out the problems. Some broad shoulders were needed this summer.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Brilliant at last we now have some ballance in our side and the alarm bell has stopped ringing. Prior to this we were unable to cook up anything special and didn't seem able to root out the problems. Some broad shoulders were needed this summer.

I read that drinking a class of Robson's, on the outskirts of Jordan.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lord's is bathed in sunshine... Root 102* and Prior 76* resume with England on 344-5

News from the Sri Lankan dressing room... Prasana Jayawardene has injured his hand in the warm-up and has gone to hospital for a scan... Kaushal Silva will don the gloves this morning.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A record 6th wicket partnership for England v Sri Lanka now stands at 150... Root 113* and Prior 80* :clap2:

Matt Prior passes 4000 test runs... at an average of 41.67 :clap2:

England 359-5

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Morning everyone! Matt Prior 4,000 runs in test cricket - good effort, that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here