Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Spain

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Harsh result that. We were the better team and played some really nice football at times.

Looked more solid at the back this time too, barring a mad last 10 minutes.

I think the players seemed to be playing for Southgate because they all looked well up for it to be fair, considering it was just a friendly.

Quite a decent game really.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I had absolutely no idea there was an England game on tonight.

But more importantly we get to see the Villa game live on Friday.

I’m guessing that the MLS final will be Toronto v Seattle with you guys winning it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
England go two up against a second string, Spain grab a draw against a second string. Complete waste of time.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I thought it was a good game. Nice quick passing football that was good on the eye. If it wasn't a friendly we would probably have been more cautious at the end and defended the lead better.

Agreed. We passed the ball well and showed much better imagination than we have for years. Promising stuff for the future. I think Sterling needs to be dropped. He's too predictable in the way he chooses to knock the ball past the opponent and then give the same opponent a race. Often he just gets out muscled and resorts to chucking himself on the floor. Townsend looked pretty decent for the little time he had on the pitch. Would much rather he started over Sterling.

But overall, I think we could start seeing a pretty decent England team soon. Stones and Dunk at the back with March and D Gray on the wings come 2018, and we have a big chance.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Good game that, enjoyed it. England played some lovely flowing stuff at times, and I'm always a SUCKER for a diving header. Plenty of positives to take from the performance. Some crisp passing and good movement. It all went to pot in the closing stages, but it was rent-a-sub by then, which is the nature of these games. Hart would've kept out that equaliser.

No matter. For a friendly, that was decent entertainment.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Perhaps there should be an investigation into match fixing.
I imagine the result was agreed at the time the fixture was to keep status quo in rankings.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Thought we gave the possession back to Spain far too easily. Too much hoofing. Spain were far superior and completely controlled the game. I'm kind of glad we did not hold on to the lead

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If it wasn't a friendly we might not have been playing a 2nd XI.

England go two up against a second string, Spain grab a draw against a second string. Complete waste of time.

It was a good workout and we pressed them as a unit from the starting whistle. Whether it was worthwhile subjective, but I enjoyed the game and I liked our intent with quick movemnet and passing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here