Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v scotland wednesday

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I have no great interest in this or any other England friendly. More interest would be generated if FIFA made England, Scotland, Ireland Wales and N Ireland a qualifying group for the World Cup.

No thanks.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
In the 70s this would have been built up like the FA Cup Final, nowadays no one actually gives a **** - apart from the Tartan Army and some knobs with drums and trumpets............UTTER SHITE.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
1-1 for me, should be a great occasion.

Oct 25, 2003
1-1 for me, should be a great occasion.

You're right...this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to witness the Tartan Army go head to head with the Three Lions at the 'home of football'. It doesn't get much bigger nor better in world football than this monumental clash between these two historical giants of the game. The 'battle of britain' is certain to bring back nostalgic memories of a bygone era that is sure to get every hair standing up on the back of every neck. The boys in blue will be bang up for this and will hope to claim regional bragging rights for years to come...Roy's men will need to step up to combat the infamous 'never say die attitude' of the Scots. My prediction? A classic tactical encounter full of blood, guts and tears...a thrilling 1-1 draw with a textbook Barry Bannan piledriver to send the Tartan Army into delirium, before a bullet header from captain fantastic Stevie G to equalise late on.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Gotta feel sorry for the poor property owners in Wembley, front gardens covered in urine and everything else.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Who's gonna win then ?0

Only one winner here, the constabulary. Far too many chaps will show their hand for a game that means nothing. Anyone who is not 100% 'new football style fan' should stay away if they want to get to Brazil next year.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
England vs Scotland used to be massive when I was a kid. Shame about the apathy now, but it's understandable.

With so much meaningful, exciting sport to watch this is just plain boring by comparison.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
2-1 England. In a dull game.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Scotland may be monumentally crap, but they will also be far more up for this game than England are, in their usual excitable way. Thus it'll probably be a horrific 1-1 draw, with dismal fitba all round and a general lack of talent on display

Indeed. The best and most far-sighted thing the FA have EVER done was to scrap that annual re-enactment of Bannockburn. If Wednesday isn't a typical thud 'n' blunder Britball game I'll be amazed, however it will satisfy those who still think effort, passion and commitment are as important than skill, talent and ability.

Result-wise I'll happily take a defeat and then victory in the remaining qualifiers (although I know it doesn't work like that).

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
If you are going, (and there are a few of us who do follow England worldwide)

Scotland have been given the east side of the stadium, those pubs include:

The Torch - 1-5 Bridge Road, Wembley, HA9 9AB
Crock of Gold - 23 Bridge Road, Wembley, HA9 9AB
Moore Spice - Wembley Retail Park, Unit 2, Engineers Way, HA9 0EH
Watkins Folly - 1 Empire Way, Wembley, HA9 0EW
Blue Check Café - 12-13 Empire Way, Wembley, HA9 0RQ
Alisan Bar - The Junction, Wembley Retail Park, Engineers Way, HA9 0EG
Crystal Club (Silverspoon) - South Way, Wembley
The Parish - 120 Wembley Park Drive, Wembley, HA9 8HP
First Class Sports Bar - 125 Wembley Park Drive, HA9 8HG
The Wembley Tavern - 121 Wembley Park Drive, HA9 8HG
Cheers Bar - 45 Blackbird Hill, NW9 8RS

England have been given the west side of the stadium, those pubs include:

The Green Man - Dagmar Avenue, Wembley, HA9 8DF
Blue Room - 53 Wembley Hill Road, Wembley, HA9 8BE
JJ Moons - 397 High Road, Wembley, HA9 7DT
Thirsty Eddie’s - 412 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AH
Flannery’s - 610 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AF
Innisfree - 30-32 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6PG
Mannions - 313 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6BA
The Copper Jug - 10 The Broadway, Wembley, HA9 8JU
Fusilier - 652 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA0 2HA
Powerleague - Olympic Way, Wembley
The Greyhound - 324 Harrow Road, Wembley HA9 6PG
Liquour Station - 379 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AA

Happy Drinking!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Scotchland are bound to win, seeing as I have to go and work in Edinburgh next month; half my team are there but I still have no idea what most of them are talking about.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
care factor is less so much than zero, but would love to see GG get a run out, it will totally fire our on field leader up for the shitstorm ahead...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here