Walker
Dier
Smalling

All played well

I'm still confident we will do well

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Oh FFS, that means Roy will see this as a positive match now.

Roy will see it and say it in whatever way makes him look like a wise old sage. He is a genius at it to be fair. In reality he doesn't have an innovative bone in his body, the latest - "5 seconds of fury", SERIOUSLY? Feck off you tit and run a PR company.
I bet we all work with someone similar, really senior, been in the whatever industry for 40 plus years, might have been valuable once, now utterly in the way and even dangerous to progress.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Watching that was 90 minutes of my life I'm not going to get back.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Results in past couple of days

Belgium 1 Finland 1
France 3 Cameroon 2 - last minute goals in both for the home side

These friendlies mean not a lot.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Roy will come to rue his decision not to include Townsend as we had no natural width and consequently no service to Vardy,Kane or Rooney and no balls in the box for them to attack.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What a rubbish performance. Need another winger. Townsend should have been in the squad.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
I think that Roy will come to rue his decision not to include Townsend as we had no natural width and consequently no service to Vardy,Kane or Rooney and no balls in the box for them to attack.
He wants to play Kane because he's had a great season and the media like him.
He wants to play Vardy because he's had a great season and the media like him.
He wants to play Rooney because...... the media love him.
None of the above play in a 4-3-3 for their clubs. He should drop one and play the 4-4-2 that they are used to. He won't, why not? Answers on a postcard.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Well, we weren't brilliant. But then, neither were Portugal, even when they had 11 men. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the competition starts in earnest.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He wants to play Kane because he's had a great season and the media like him.
He wants to play Vardy because he's had a great season and the media like him.
He wants to play Rooney because...... the media love him.
None of the above play in a 4-3-3 for their clubs. He should drop one and play the 4-4-2 that they are used to. He won't, why not? Answers on a postcard.

Kane doesn't play in a 442

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Kane doesn't play in a 442

He plays right on the last man for Spurs. So does Vardy. Rooney used to, doesn't now because he can't.
It's all moot anyway. Hodgson talks whatever is the latest 'pundit talk' for the modern game, he doesn't understand it though. All of a sudden England have to press and he has to come up with some guff like he's invested it, England don't press at all. Two years ago it was 'total posession', he couldn't do that either. If 8 up front became fashionable tomorrow then he'd talk it not really play it, and be crap at it.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I firmly believe playing against 10 men can be tougher sometimes. It's a friendly. Once they last Alves, Portugal had zero incentive to try and get anything from the game. With the quick football our young boys are best at playing, it was nigh impossible to execute it with Portugal putting everyone behind the ball. Sterling mixed things up by using skill to try and beat men, rather than pace. I don't think we should be worried at all, neither should the team be critiqued based off of tonight.

We've displayed some brilliant stuff this calendar year. Let's see how we begin next week when it's the real deal.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just another meaniningless friendly, I really don't know why we play so many to be honest. The result, or even the performance, doesn't really equate to anything.

Lets wait until the real stuff starts.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
All this talk about Roy playing players out of position is rubbish.

He played Joe Hart in goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here