Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Poland - Official Match Thread - WQC

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I would love to see Roy take a risk and play Baines instead of Cole for this tournament.

Cole is, however much you dislike him, a brilliant left back.

As much as I think Cole is a muppet, he is still a v.good left back. If it was just down to defensive duties then there's very little to choose between him and Baines. I think it's quite obvious now that Baines offers rather more going forward, though, so unless you are set-up to play defensively I'd pick LB ahead of Cole at the moment.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'm with you on this, fast but little else, but then I am rather anti-Arsenal, so probably biased. I'd pick Townsend ahead of him any day.

I'm not anti Arsenal btw and haven't got a biased opinion, he is poor and has never matched the hype from being the super kid from Shampton who can run fast.

When you consider he was chosen by Sven to go to the World Cup in 2006 he certainly hasn't lived up to international status since. He has done the academy thing and then looked after by Arsenal and has more or less started his career with a silver spoon in his mouth. Then we have Townsend who has worked hard, played for many clubs and proved himself on his own merit, and bought his own pass for international duty.

Townsend was born to play football and Walcott was born to run fast.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
What a great day at Wembley yesterday. Atmosphere, excitement, fighting all over the place, police snatch squads pulling out Polish trouble makers in the England blocks, half time chaos on the concourse as Poles driven out the home end AND a great high tempo performance again. For once England have done what they needed to with passion, fight and hopefully this can build into belief! Right time to start looking into a trip to Brazillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll :) Poland at Wembley.jpg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
People wanting Baines over Cole - he's played well against Montenegro and Poland at Wembley. Completely different kettle of fish to playing Brazil or Germany in the World Cup Finals. Cole will be back because of his tournament experience as much as anything else.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would say those 4 are all nailed on to go..

Ox is the only doubt but that's down to injury, not ability.
What along with Sturridge, Rooney, Milner (or some other token lefty).

That'll leave us light on centre midfield and anyone able to help defend a lead.

I hope you're right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here