Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v Pakistan: 1st Test

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Ollie Robinson withdrawn from the Sussex squad to play Kent by England, and added to the bio-bubble for the test at Southampton starting on Thursday.

Sussex 61/1 on the first morning btw.

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
I love watching Pakistan play, so much enthusiasm, really exciting stuff.

And I think I'm in love with Isa Guha, Imagine having a girlfriend who can demonstrate a wobbly seam.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Ollie Robinson withdrawn from the Sussex squad to play Kent by England, and added to the bio-bubble for the test at Southampton starting on Thursday.

Sussex 61/1 on the first morning btw.

Thanks, was about to ask if anyone knew why he was missing. Saved some confusing commentary later with Ollie Robinson bowling at Ollie Robinson

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think Pakistan take sledging to extreme levels. Burns was obviously pretty unhappy when walking off after his dismissal. It’s always surprised me that sledging is allowed, bearing in mind it’s supposed to be a “gentlemen’s sport”.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I think Pakistan take sledging to extreme levels. Burns was obviously pretty unhappy when walking off after his dismissal. It’s always surprised me that sledging is allowed, bearing in mind it’s supposed to be a “gentlemen’s sport”.

Any idea what was said?

I saw Broad a word with Shah after he dismissed him. Clearly things are hotting up on Manchester.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

If you can't handle a few mean words then professional sport is the wrong career for you.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Justified too.

Really? He started off complaining that umpires were giving similar balls out and not out. Though the examples had the not out slightly hitting and the out mostly hitting.
Well nothing's changed in the last few years ago why now? And DRS is to overturn clear errors I think it does it well.His way of doing it works be even more stupid than VAR where people are given out and this would be overturned because 1mm of the ball was predicted to miss the stumps.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
WOW! That was an unbelievable decision from the umpire. Bloody good job we had reviews left.

Playmaker

Mar 29, 2016
Mid Sussex
Illingworth has been absolutely appalling in both this test match and in the previous series against the Windies.

He's never been any good in my opinion and appears to be guessing most of the time - That last decision he made was a classic case in point.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Illingworth has been absolutely appalling in both this test match and in the previous series against the Windies.

He's never been any good in my opinion and appears to be guessing most of the time - That last decision he made was a classic case in point.

It wasn’t even close to hitting the bat. Just as well we still had a review left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Justified too.

As an umpire, I would not have given Burns out, and DRS shows that to be a good decision. No-one can judge mm on an 80mph delivery. And DRS cannot be 100%.

Coming from the bowlers union like Holding, I don't even have a dog in the race there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here