Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v New Zealand - 2nd Test - Edgbaston

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
An absolute disgrace, who will take accountability for yet another shambles?? Ashley Giles and Chris Silverwood should hang their heads in shame. In fact Ashley Giles should be disgusted with himself, he led one of the very worst England sides ( and there have been some stinkers) to abject failure in the WC before last before Trevor Vayliss in 4 years turned us into the best side on the planet, is there another sport where failure as a coach leads you to get a job higher up the pyramid? If he had an ounce of credibility he'd be resigning tomorrow. King of Spain? King of spin was far more appropriate.

Erm, that was Peter Moores.

New fishing rod?

:smile::fishing:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Never mind the Ashes, we play India in a few weeks, and I'll actually be awake to watch that horror show.

Traditionally, India don't do that well in England. We can prepare a few greentops for them and they may struggle. When we've won the Ashes down under, we've had a) a fearsome fast bowler or b)an Australian side in some disarray or c)a very strong batting line-up (or a combination of the three). We do have a (but one's currently injured and the other one is injury prone) but we don't have b and we absolutely, definitely do not have c.

It's going to be watch-behind-the-sofa time

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Traditionally, India don't do that well in England. We can prepare a few greentops for them and they may struggle. When we've won the Ashes down under, we've had a) a fearsome fast bowler or b)an Australian side in some disarray or c)a very strong batting line-up (or a combination of the three). We do have a (but one's currently injured and the other one is injury prone) but we don't have b and we absolutely, definitely do not have c.

Even if Wood and Archer are at their best (I presume that’s who you mean) we will struggle to avoid a 5-0 in Australia, because the batting is so weak. Stokes will help and so will Buttler, to a lesser extent, but the potential for partnerships and run accumulation will still be way off the required standard.
At least we know more about the cast - Bracey lacks the temperament right now for Test cricket and Sibley is even more limited than suspected. Pope and Crawley are struggling to fulfil their potential and it won’t get any easier to do that in Aus. Also , sadly, it feels like it could be a tour too far for Branderson. Better to know all this now, although we will get thumped in Aus anyway.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Billings as a sub and Bairstow Rachid and Ali playing 20/20 other day shows what a joke ECB are. Take the paying spectators as fools

Rashid doesn’t make himself available for tests, and not played in a test for over 2 years. Something to do with his back or something.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Was really confused as popped to kitchen for a second and returned to see them coming off the pitch. Couldn’t work out what was going on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
England storming home.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Congratulations to the Kiwis. Thoroughly deserved. So good to see them with a complete line up. Their best team ever.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Congratulations to the Kiwis. Thoroughly deserved. So good to see them with a complete line up. Their best team ever.

England utter poop but the Kiwis made us look even worse and beat us without Williamson.

Best of luck to them vs India, shame its only one match, a 3 game series would be fascinating.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I stand corrected but he was England ODI coach and he was every but as rancid as Moore's, he had all the right credentials thigh using the buzz phrases like 'executing skill's sets' and all that nonsense. Still despite his heroically awful record he got the top gig, jobs for the boys. An absolute disgrace.

https://www.thefulltoss.com/england-cricket-blog/ashley-giles-has-failed-his-audition/

I'm genuinely impressed that you've found the only person in the world who even remotely cared about England's ODI side before 2015.

But I agree, I have absolutely no idea what qualifies Giles to occupy his role.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I can only conclude that England's performance is best explained by their wish to be freed up to watch the football this afternoon. It's precisely this level of attention to detail that will see us overcome the Aussies this winter.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

India were much more competitive in the last series than the final scoreline suggested. Most of their team were on that tour, and will have played in the Test Final against New Zealand.

If we prepare greentops they have the bowling to take advantage of those conditions. Unless our batting improves drastically we will get absolutely hammered in that series.

Even if we prepare green pitches and manage to come out on top of a low-scoring shoot out, all we're doing is papering over cracks. Our ODI side spent years winning series at home by playing 3 out of 5 matches on green seamers and letting Anderson/Broad run through the other team for 100 odd, but it didn't get us anywhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here