Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England v New Zealand, 2nd ODI, The Oval

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What a truly outstanding game of cricket... and England played an enormous part in making it so.

Pity the weather and D/L intervened, we can only hope for more of the same from both teams in the rest of the series.

England 1 New Zealand 1 with 3 to play.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Robbed of a proper finish by weather and ******** regulations. Amazing by England, really amazing, had to fancy them there.

Botham angry, I'm not surprised. Cricket has been a tit tonight. That should have been an amazing finish and an ODI to live long in the memory, however because of just complete nonsense we get a finish that wasn't fair, was avoidable as the rain stopped 25mins before play started again. I've been at matches like this and you want to tear your teeth out. I'm bloody angry. Would rather it have just continued raining because what they've done is just utter crap it really is.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think we've been a bit hard done by there, DL and the rain break won that for NZ not their cricket (although that catch at the end was smart thinking from Boult and Southee).

Good game, shame about the farce.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is it not time to scrap this ridiculous D/L result and make the result what it is No Result as match unable to be finished.
I think D/L is very good, it's perhaps not well tested on 400 vs 400 matches though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great shame as we may well have one, still at least we look a lot more competitive that previously

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm almost more encouraged by this than the first match in the series. Having conceded so many, I assumed England wouldn't get near but to get such a big score again when under real pressure to score runs is really encouraging. And we might even have won without the rain!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think D/L is very good, it's perhaps not well tested on 400 vs 400 matches though.
It's usually pretty fair, but last night we went from probably going to win to almost certainly going to lose because of it. It needs tweaking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here