[Football] England v Malta official match thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is the point he has kicked the ball away from the goalie and he looks at him. View attachment 170003

Then shoves his leg out to kick the goalie which when the ball is going in the other direction is unnatural. View attachment 170004

I can’t think of a football or physiological reason why the left leg shifted way to the left, away from the direction of travel of the ball. These are finely tuned athletes with a career of work on their balance behind them.

Players are now coached to take an unnatural line solely to cause a collision in the box. It’s cheating.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I can’t think of a football or physiological reason why the left leg shifted way to the left, away from the direction of travel of the ball. These are finely tuned athletes with a career of work on their balance behind them.

Players are now coached to take an unnatural line solely to cause a collision in the box. It’s cheating.
When I was at school, my main objection to sports like netball or basketball was that any contact at all was considered a foul on the player with possession.
Somehow, I think purely because it suits people supporting teams with vast amounts of money, that seems to have become the default position in football as well.
It's total bullshit.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When I was at school, my main objection to sports like netball or basketball was that any contact at all was considered a foul on the player with possession.
Somehow, I think purely because it suits people supporting teams with vast amounts of money, that seems to have become the default position in football as well.
It's total bullshit.

Sadly, it’s become accepted. 15 years ago generally punters were up in arms about all such antics, now it’s yet another thing split down the middle. Laser focus on who made contact on who, airbrushing out the weird aspect of the ‘victim’ making a beeline to a location where they hope to be hit.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He was clearly looking for it and IMO it wasn’t a penalty but I’m not really sure either way and don’t really care to be honest but the change in Kane’s face from cocky confidence when he thought he was about to get a penalty and then the realisation it wasn’t going to be given and in fact he was getting booked was priceless. Literally the only entertainment from that match.

I’ve really enjoyed watching Kane in Germany but he comes back to England and he’s unlikeable again!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports