[Football] England v Malta official match thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think it was a really good decision that, although a shame to see a quality goal knocked off.

Kane is clearly interfering, coming into the keeper's eye line. It's a distraction.

I think I've seen a few of those in the EPL where the goal has stood (I think one was against us this year). I've thought to myself that not enough goals get chopped off because of it.
Yeah we have had a couple where it's gone against us. That is the problem though where is the consistency?

The whole interfering with play thing does my head in. If they are in the box the keeper is keeping tabs on them so they are interfering . . . Shirley.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I think it was a really good decision that, although a shame to see a quality goal knocked off.

Kane is clearly interfering, coming into the keeper's eye line. It's a distraction.

I think I've seen a few of those in the EPL where the goal has stood (I think one was against us this year). I've thought to myself that not enough goals get chopped off because of it.
Like the one at Villa where a player was stood right in front of Steele but they allowed the goal, just comes down to incompetence and lack of knowledge, as someone who has played in goal even at a very average level I can categorically say it affects your reactions.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's no plan, is there? No style, no tempo. Just eleven individuals thrown together.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
68.6%, is that right? I would have thought it would have been even more than that.
Have to factor in that average teams such as Luton and Palace have a higher percentage of English players...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There's no plan, is there? No style, no tempo. Just eleven individuals thrown together.
Disagree. “Thump it to Kane and see what happens” is definitely a tactic.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Screenshot_20231117-213655~2.png

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Can’t think of much that has tonight, lots of awful performances.

Imho only Kane, Foden and Rice (in his cameo) looking the business in their roles.

Seems the whole team are not over exerting themselves- all playing in 2nd gear - only thing I can think of is they don’t need to up gears as they have qualified, Malta are poor, and being in top fitness for their club teams means more ??

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seems the whole team are not over exerting themselves- all playing in 2nd gear - only thing I can think of is they don’t need to up gears as they have qualified, Malta are poor, and being in top fitness for their club teams means more ??
Yup. However bad that was - and it was an awful watch - a win and no more injuries is job done.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
2 goals at home against the 171st ranked team, one of them scored by an opponent. 3 shots on target all game.

Uninspiring. Insipid. Unimaginative.

And that's just the manager.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yeah we have had a couple where it's gone against us. That is the problem though where is the consistency?

The whole interfering with play thing does my head in. If they are in the box the keeper is keeping tabs on them so they are interfering . . . Shirley.
I think the one I remember may have been one of Villa's early goals in the tonking we got.

Here we go. From 0.40

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports