Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Macedonia

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Say what you want about England's performances at major tournaments, but they're absolutely ruthless in qualifying, which obviously hasn't always been the case.
Backed it up at major tournos overall - WC semi when nobody fancied us - final and pens lottery in Euros - unlucky elimination to France in WC 1/4s after looking excellent all tourno.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He's a decent player.

Lots of energy and all action
It still feels surreal that we talk of the current England player as being a realistic signing for the Albion.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I feel that what we're seeing here is a prime example of why it's good to see England games shared around the grounds. I find Wembley can seem so dull of atmosphere.
Love Wembley, it's our home and all of the major games should be played there but no harm in a few games against the minnows going round the country.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Love Wembley, it's our home and all of the major games should be played there but no harm in a few games against the minnows going round the country.
Always interesting to hear different schools of thought on it. That's always a great atmosphere in the outgrounds.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I missed the first 15 minutes. I don’t think I saw one attack from our opponents.

There was a long phase where there almost no easy opponents in internationals, as every team was fit, well coached and employed a low block. Looks like it’s back to the 60’s and 70’s with cricket scores.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I'm sorry but Maguire has consistently performed well for England. That's why he keeps getting picked, regardless of how poor he is for Man Utd.
When he plays for Man Utd he is up against the best.
When he plays for England he’s up against some of the worst players in professional football.
North Macedonia would lose to Rutland

When Maguire plays against half decent players he loses the striker and loses us a semi final

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Say what you like about Maguire, but he never lets England down.
0 shots from our opponents, another rock solid performance.
Can't see Dunky getting another chance now, undroppable.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
TAA impressed again in midfield, albeit against poor opposition.
I think Southgate's cautious nature means we are highly unlikely to see him there in any knockout game. Against this type of opposition though he's a great of fresh air, ability to break the lines with his passing and always on the front foot, we'd not have been capable of that type of performance if he started with Phillips.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It’s been said many times, but what a bloody shame Dunk had to pull out.
Slabhead has reasserted himself now.
Could be one cap and out for the great man.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We really do fizz the ball around superbly. Over the years I've become so well accustomed to watching us toil, slog and labour to break down these lesser nations, in routinely turgid dull performances. Not this lot. I don't think I've ever seen a squad of players so united and chomping at the bit to play for England.

These are a good team.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm surprised anyone watches this shit, let alone admit to it.

I've just been ironing the socks I darned last Friday night.

Rock & Roll!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here