Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v hungary

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This is right up there in the list of dreadful England performances. I like Southgate but this is clueless.

England have been poor, but Hungary deserve the focus. They've closed England off really well.

Not an easy night. But few teams go through without one or two of those.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've been watching Mings throughout this game and he either passes the ball sideways or forward with no pace. Southgate is really losing out because the opposition always have time to regroup. He doesn't have the 50 yard pass in his locker, nor does he get his head on the ball at set pieces lkke Stones or Maguire.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've been watching Mings throughout this game and he either passes the ball sideways or forward with no pace. Southgate is really losing out because the opposition always have time to regroup. He doesn't have the 50 yard pass in his locker, nor does he get his head on the ball at set pieces lkke Stones or Maguire.

And tell us something we don't know!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:lolol:

So a semi final / 1/4 / game against Germany are not major games?

Deffo reckon his goal scoring record in the CL/PL screams flat track bully.

Germany 14th in the World rankings these days :lolol:

It was a major game to us Little Englanders but not that impressive given how rubbish Germany are these days

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Deja vu from an hour ago. Mings is shit.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's the same for all of our super stars down the years Gazza, Beckham, Kane when we need them to come to the races they fail.

If you're being serious, that's a nice bit of re writing history there.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
This is embarrassing. Players can't be bothered because they know the yes man will still pick them because he picks players based on their supposed reputation. Not what any half decent coach would do and select on form. Should walk after this regardless of the result.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
England have been poor, but Hungary deserve the focus. They've closed England off really well.

Not an easy night. But few teams go through without one or two of those.

Poland away was similar. It’s just so pedestrian and seemingly devoid of ideas on how to unlock the opposition.

:shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Time to get Potter in.

That is not even vaguely funny :down:

Although I can think of a few on here who would put England before the Albion

Imagine if we lost Potter to England and inherited Southgate?

Would you be happy?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
From BBC website about the earlier trouble.....

A Metropolitan Police statement said: "Officers entered the stand to arrest a spectator for a racially aggravated public order offence in relation to comments directed towards a steward.

As officers made the arrest, minor disorder broke out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here