Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****England v Hungary Official Match Thread****

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Les: "Even if the goalkeeper had saved it, he's have gone in the back of the net with it" Then it wouldn't be a save!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Very pleased with the performance on the whole. Think all the new faces did enough to warrant a place in the next squad. Found the booing a bit much towards Rooney & Terry a bit much though

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This campaign against Capello is really tiresome. So he didn't run around like a mad man when we scored a goal v Hungary in a friendly. Neither did I! Neither did, I imagine, the overwhelming majority of people watching.

These ITV people are making a mountain out of a molehill with his language difficulties. Capello is speaking a language that is not his own. What's ITV's excuse for their cock ups (in commentary and punditry, not just he missed goals)

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
This campaign against Capello is really tiresome. So he didn't run around like a mad man when we scored a goal v Hungary in a friendly. Neither did I! Neither did, I imagine, the overwhelming majority of people watching.

Indeed. I would have felt rather sick if he had jumped around celebrating like a lunatic. Bit of perspective needed

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Thought Bobby did really well. Held the ball up and was extremely unlucky not to score. Didn't look out of place at all unlike Bent and Cole. Other positives were Gibbs, Adam Johnson and Ashley Young.

As for Gerrard, he was absolutely superb tonight and it was no coincidence he really came alive and scored when Lampard was off the pitch. Gerrard is by far our best player and the team should have been built around him a long time ago. I certainly wouldn't cry any tears if Lampard never played for us again (and took Terry with him back to Chelsea).

Rooney was shit again and if that really was a sarcastic clap at the end he is an even bigger twat than I thought.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
These ITV people are making a mountain out of a molehill with his language difficulties. Capello is speaking a language that is not his own. What's ITV's excuse for their cock ups (in commentary and punditry, not just he missed goals)

The only things that really got my pulse racing tonight were Bobby's near misses and ITV and there milking of this pathetic 'backlash' stuff. Clive Tyldesley sounded almost pissed off when the team were applauded on.

Alright performance. Gibbs and Johnson looked good, and oh how I wish that cracker from Bobby had gone in.

oh well, job done

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
As for Gerrard, he was absolutely superb tonight and it was no coincidence he really came alive and scored when Lampard was off the pitch. Gerrard is by far our best player and the team should have been built around him a long time ago. I certainly wouldn't cry any tears if Lampard never played for us again (and took Terry with him back to Chelsea).

Lampard played?? Are you sure?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Thought Bobby did really well. Held the ball up and was extremely unlucky not to score. Didn't look out of place at all unlike Bent and Cole. Other positives were Gibbs, Adam Johnson and Ashley Young.

Rooney was shit again and if that really was a sarcastic clap at the end he is an even bigger twat than I thought.

As above really - I'm no big Gerrard fan, but he delivered.

About time we started being ruthless and weeding out the consistent underperformers - goodbye to Lampard, Terry and Rooney, please.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
As above really - I'm no big Gerrard fan, but he delivered.

About time we started being ruthless and weeding out the consistent underperformers - goodbye to Lampard, Terry and Rooney, please.

Im intrigued.....how can you NOT be a Gerrard fan. He puts its in ...100 per cent game after game for Liverpool and England....pulling both up by their boot straps. His performance tonight was immense...and lets not forget , its pre season !!!
Tell us why your not a Gerrard fan, and what he would have to do , to make you a fan !

Stumpy Tim

You can't drop Rooney if you're looking to the future, and nor should you. We need to work out the demons in his head though.

Lampard & Terry have had enough chances IMO. Lampard is good for Chelsea because he's not relied on to create - he pops up & takes chances. Well he can't even do that for England, and he is invisible. I would much rather have someone like Wilshere playing alongside Gerrard & learning international football.

It's time to look to the future at the back too, and start with Dawson & Cahill at the back. And England need a right-back... Johnson is SHIT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here