Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v Germany (and then v Holland)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Welbeck/Lallana/Henderson have some nothing this season to be anywhere near a starting 11

Welbeck for starters has been out injured for most of it. Only been back for a month or so I think, so a bit harsh to a say he's done nothing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Finally, a post that the rest of NSC can agree with.

Although obviously at no point will you acknowledge your 'poor and untried' screw up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Welbeck for starters has been out injured for most of it. Only been back for a month or so I think, so a bit harsh to a say he's done nothing.

Sort of proved my point

Barkley/Vardy should be in ahead of him.

Just a worry that Roy will put Rooney:Wilshire straight back in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely then that could be applied to all the team except Rose.
What the fact that they are all poor and untried England players who have all tried and failed for England.

I'm getting confused now.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What the fact that they are all poor and untried England players who have all tried and failed for England.

I'm getting confused now.
Don't get confused. It's quite simple. We shouldn't play Henderson, Welbeck or Lallana because they've played before and failed (not my opinion, someone else's that I was responding to). By that logic, the seven others who have played before can also be said to have failed (they were in the same teams, after all), leaving only the debutant Rose as the only one who can't be described as having been tried and failed.
Anyway, I've had enough of this twaddle for now, I'm away for my tea!

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
sorry Smalling is a donkey

If you took him and De Gea out of United this season they would be fighting relegation. Smalling is the best England have currently.

I would have played Drinkwater instead of Henderson and started Barkley/Vardy instead of Lallana.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was brought up to believe that the best played for England so why Welbeck, Lallana Henderson why no Vardy and on current form Drinkwater or Barkley

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sort of proved my point

Barkley/Vardy should be in ahead of him.

Just a worry that Roy will put Rooney:Wilshire straight back in.

Yeah ok, fair enough, I see what you mean now. I was reading it as you saying Welbeck having done nothing this season in terms of being poor, which I now see is not really what you meant. Apologies.

And I totally agree. Vardy at least really does deserve a start in this game as reward for a magnificent season.

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
I just hope England perform well tonight and Tuesday to prove to Hodgson that he does not need to start Rooney at the Euros as despite how good his scoring record has been down the years I believe it is time for Roy to trust other younger players who have been in better form for club this season like Kane and Vardy up front or Alli and Barkley in the CAM role.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I've just seen this:

"[But] they're still in the shadow of Jack Wilshere, who did so well for us before his injury. If all three were available for the Euros, that'd be a nice headache because there might not be space for all three."

The mans an idiot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here