Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v France

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I’m going over to Lisbon on Friday and will be at the England v France game. Where is the main sort of square in Lisbon that will be the England fans gathering point, anyone know? Should be a cracking weekend !!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Just got the flight details, get to Lisbon at about 7am, into the town by 9am and then a 8 and a half hours drinking until the coach leaves for the ground. Do not like organised trips, but at least we will get some time to see the place.

The main squares are the likely trouble spots, although the Portugesse police are seemingly taking a softly softly approach, so hopefully it will be a good day rather than a replay of Brussels etc.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
HH Brighton said:
I’m going over to Lisbon on Friday and will be at the England v France game. Where is the main sort of square in Lisbon that will be the England fans gathering point, anyone know? Should be a cracking weekend !!

I will be there as well. As for Lisbon, the big main square actually does not have many bars around it so it will not be like usual England jaunts into mainland Europe. Most of the city centre bars are down by the docks area but they are not that big which maybe a problem seeing as there will be loads of England fans out there.

Further up the coast there is the old Expo centre and that has a whole row of bars one after the other. He has only been there a few years and was built (obviously) for the Expo they held. This place is not really near the stadium though but on the upside the metro system in Lisbon is pretty good so this should not pose a problem.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing-Lisbon BHA

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here