Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Denmark - Former World Champions v Former European Champions - Official Thread

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
England fans taking criticism from foreign media it seems for whistling the Danes when they were on the ball etc.
Haven't other countries been doing that for donkeys - always seen it as a southern European/south American thing especially! I'm sure it was even happening on Tuesday night.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
England fans taking criticism from foreign media it seems for whistling the Danes when they were on the ball etc.
Haven't other countries been doing that for donkeys - always seen it as a southern European/south American thing especially! I'm sure it was even happening on Tuesday night.
Those types of stories are almost certainly traced back to UK based Guardian style journalism cultivating a bit of Schadenfreude towards their own country... it's ever been thus.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Yep. Barca whistle the opposition when they come out to warm up.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I’m not sure if you are being serious but if so it’s because we have been on the end of decisions like that and it’s our turn for a bit of luck (1986 and 2010 just for starters).

Also the fact is we deserved to win the game, this was no smash and grab. Look at the stats and the number of saves Schmeichal has to make. Other than the goal Pickford barely had a meaningful save to make.
He is a dullard,.. don't rise to it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Lovely stuff

[tweet]1412931506847236096[/tweet]

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What an absolutely fantastic result to wake up to that was.

It might sound strange but I don't think that could have gone any better. If we hadn't have conceded there would have been so much noise and emphasis put on the not having conceded all tournament. That won't be an issue now. Going behind was important too. Now we know we can come back.

If we'd have won two or three nil conceding/conceding first could have asked huge questions psychologically of us. We've had those questions asked now, we've answered them well and so can go into the final full of confidence.

One more game.

One. More. Game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Two things give me hope.

Spain showed that Italy’s defence can absolutely be got at. Sterling will have been very enthused by what he saw from their slow centre backs.

We had SO much energy - looked like we could’ve played another hour. Southgate seems to have gotten the squad management absolutely spot on. Denmark looked like us in 2018 - all punched out.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Two things give me hope.

Spain showed that Italy’s defence can absolutely be got at. Sterling will have been very enthused by what he saw from their slow centre backs.

We had SO much energy - looked like we could’ve played another hour. Southgate seems to have gotten the squad management absolutely spot on. Denmark looked like us in 2018 - all punched out.

Spain should have won with the chances they had, Italy looked average all over and Spain missed some great chances.

Immobile has looked poor since the first couple of group games and hasn’t looked like scoring.

I’d rather be playing Italy than Spain, we have the players to beat Italy

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Spain should have won with the chances they had, Italy looked poor all over and Spain missed some great chances.

Immobile has looked poor since the first couple of group games and hasn’t looked like scoring.

I was really shocked by how poor Italy's defence was. Gave up a number of easy chances.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Was a good game.

Didnt think it was a penalty at first but later when they showed what VAR had seen.... probably the right call though Sterling certainly wanted it. Meaning, unlike 1966, you could win this fairly. If you beat Italy which is certainly going to be pretty far from a walk in the park.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Spain should have won with the chances they had, Italy looked average all over and Spain missed some great chances.

I'd far rather have played Spain.

Italy press the midfield hard, and have players in Verrati and Jorginho (and Locatelli if he gets on) to do it really well. The England midfield pair are not at all good at dealing with this - thus our poorest two performances have been against Scotland who harried in midfield and the early parts last night before Denmark ran out of energy. Italy will do the same but are super-fit.

Spain would have let us play.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I was really shocked by how poor Italy's defence was. Gave up a number of easy chances.

They haven’t looked great at the back since the second group game.

Wales missed a couple of sitters -
Austria had some great chances - They had a goal ruled out By a leg hair
Belgium really should have scored more

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'd far rather have played Spain.

Italy press the midfield hard, and have players in Verrati and Jorginho (and Locatelli if he gets on) to do it really well. The England midfield pair are not at all good at dealing with this - thus our poorest two performances have been against Scotland who harried in midfield and the early parts last night before Denmark ran out of energy. Italy will do the same but are super-fit.

Agree about the midfield. Denmark were very good at finding the space between the lines. Italy are also very good at this, Insigne likes to drop into that space as well and it will cause us problems for sure.

I also agree with others that we've got the firepower to hurt them. Will be an interesting game, I see it being enough cagey one like last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here