Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Denmark - Former World Champions v Former European Champions - Official Thread

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes I will need to watch it a few more times before I blame Pickford.
I think the Dane did really well to get it up and down and at pace which would have surprised a few top keepers.

exactly. i dont know where all these keepers are that can cover the whole goal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Looked like all my revisions were being revised. Clean sheet policy smashed, Pickford having a mare again. The reaction after conceding has been first class though. Game very much on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 5, 2020
Sussex
exactly. i dont know where all these keepers are that can cover the whole goal.

Yes,I think Pickford felt the wall to his right would cover that area so he stood more to his left.
The free kick was so well taken it cleared a jumping Harry Kane's head then dropped down below the bar and travelling at speed.
If Pickford was at fault it's because he wasn't set and bouncing around which cost him a fraction of a second in reaction time but again,the pace was so good it just caught him out.
I going for great free kick rather than a Pickford fail.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Please, please can we retain the ball better and stop giving the ball to Pickford to hoof or give to the Danes? He is absolute shite with his feet

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Why do they keep banging on about what a great save it was?

It was straight at Schmeichel!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah he didn’t even have time to start moving his hands for it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Stunning goal and totally deserved.

We’ve been predictably shit against the first decent side we’ve faced.

Going a bit far. We were the better side first 15 mins, then they had a decent spell for 15-20, then us again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah he didn’t even have time to start moving his hands for it.

I was getting a drink when the save happened and heard “how did he save that?” from the commentators. I came back to see the replay, nothing great about it all, the ball was kicked at him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Please, please can we retain the ball better and stop giving the ball to Pickford to hoof or give to the Danes? He is absolute shite with his feet

Indoctrinated by Potterball where the ball is so very rarely wasted! Caution 1st for England but it could win us this damn thing.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The last match was very unnerving whereas this is far more like it ... nervy, erratic, tense etc [emoji1022]󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps we were wrong to try to go 4 vs 5 at the back. Be interesting to see if shape changes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here