Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***England v Chile Matchday Thread***

Stumpy Tim

I thought it was a good work out for Roy to judge certain players. I'm surprised people are moaning about it to be honest. I think Roy now knows that Hart is better than Forster, Rodriguez doesn't quite have the talent for the England squad, Lallana has something about him, and Rooney needs to be played behind a front man - not as the lone striker.

That's a lot to learn in 90 minutes, so from that respect it was a good game.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I thought it was a good work out for Roy to judge certain players. I'm surprised people are moaning about it to be honest. I think Roy now knows that Hart is better than Forster, Rodriguez doesn't quite have the talent for the England squad, Lallana has something about him, and Rooney needs to be played behind a front man - not as the lone striker.

That's a lot to learn in 90 minutes, so from that respect it was a good game.

I do believe it was Lallana who, not once, but TWICE took a corner and made a side-footed pass [attempted short-corner] that went directly to a Chilean. Worse than the Cox of old who could never clear the first defender ....

Poor - but it was experimental - I'd be very surprised to see Lallana take to the pitch in Brazil in any game next summer.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Milner, Rodriguez and Cleverley are not international footballers.

Incidentally Milner is the player with the joint-highest amount of caps under Hodgson, tied with Hart on 20.

Thus concluding that Milner is in fact Hodgson's illegitimate son.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do believe it was Lallana who, not once, but TWICE took a corner and made a side-footed pass [attempted short-corner] that went directly to a Chilean. Worse than the Cox of old who could never clear the first defender ....

Poor - but it was experimental - I'd be very surprised to see Lallana take to the pitch in Brazil in any game next summer.

Surely it's about fine tuning for a tournament now and not experimenting?

Stumpy Tim

They were poor, but that aside he played pretty well. He won't be taking corners anyway, and i wouldn't be overly surprised to see him make the final squad. Unfortunately for him he's up against Walcott & Townsend, but I certainly think Roy will have another look

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Im not a fan of Milner at all, but he on a few occasions has been one of the best players on the pitch for England. Lallana's corners where poor, but being sh!t at corners wont keep him out the side, especially as he played well otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here